Sobering, but realistic strategy for GOP by David Frum

This guy usually puts his foot in his mouth on the political cable shows, but he presents the most logical strategy I have seen (recently) by a Republican journalist...

David Frum's OpEd on a Republican Triage

In these last days before the vote, Republicans need to face some strategic realities. Our resources are limited, and our message is failing. We cannot fight on all fronts. We are cannibalizing races that we must win and probably can win in order to help a national campaign that is almost certainly lost. In these final 10 days, our goal should be: senators first.

Sorry, but I feel that McCain is going to win. The polls are all BSas they are all over the place.

Maybe, but other than occasionally a single poll showing some tightening, they are very consistent about a large Obama lead. The real issue are the electoral votes. McCain needs to carry Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, AND probably Nevada or Colorado. Read ALL of them. If you really think this is gonna happen, you don't have much company.

I have read that McCain is within the margin of error or ahead in all those states.

Where did you read that? Retarded Republican Fantasy Polls Weekly? Colorado-gone. Iowa-gone. New Mexico-gone. New Hampshire-gone. Pennsylvania-gone. Now I'm no political scientist but that gives Obama 273 electoral votes even if McCain sweeps the rest of the battleground states that Bush won. IT'S OVER JOHNNY-IT'S OVER!!!

Where did you read that? Retarded Republican Fantasy Polls Weekly? Colorado-gone. Iowa-gone. New Mexico-gone. New Hampshire-gone. Pennsylvania-gone. Now I'm no political scientist but that gives Obama 273 electoral votes even if McCain sweeps the rest of the battleground states that Bush won. IT'S OVER JOHNNY-IT'S OVER!!!

Its not over till the dingbat is safely sent back to Alaska

Sorry, but I feel that McCain is going to win. The polls are all BSas they are all over the place.

And JP Losman is going to be great with his next team because he's got a 101.3 QB rating this season.

Well, at least you're consistent. You would have made a great crewman on the Titanic.