Only 100 more days...

...until the Bills win the Super Bowl.

:D

A million years ago, I remember being in the van, listening to the pre-game rants on WGR, as we trundled from our Caledonia meeting point on the way to (then) Rich Stadium. The time was January 1991, and we had (to use a trite phrase) a rendezvous with destiny. The AFC Championship Game with the Raiders. This game was the culmination of several years of pain, faith and patience, starting in 1985 with the drafting of Bruce Smith. So many hopes dashed, so many close calls, but here we were.

And it was only at that moment, as we crawled along Route 20 in the grayness, 5 people already half-in-the-bag at 0845h, that the electricity of the moment reached me. "Oh, my God", I spoke to my brother, "Do you realize that if we win this game we're going to the Super Bowl?". Such was the focus of the day. It was no longer just another game. It was a really BIG game! He reached over to the cooler, handed me another beer, patted me on the shoulder, and grinned.

I relate this story not in hopes of engendering a cascade of "Yeah, I was...(fill-in-the-blank)" vis-a-vis the first AFC Championship game. I relate this story instead to those on this board who were not of age when it happened. If this team makes it to the playoffs, be so grateful. It's Everest-like in its challenge. I so hope to treasure it again. To quote Glen Campbell "Tears of joy might stain my face".