practice report

K-Gun10

McGee practicing again

By Chris Brown - Posted October 23rd, 2008

Terrence McGee is practicing for a second straight day, which is a very good sign that he’ll be a go on Sunday. McGee lined up with the starters at his familiar left cornerback position.

Not practicing Thursday were Ashton Youboty and Aaron Schobel. Schobel is still in the walking boot. Dick Jauron did not anticipate Schobel practicing Thursday, so it’s not a surprise.

Also not practicing was Brad Butler. Melvin Fowler was practicing, but Duke Preston was still taking first team center reps, with Jason Whittle next to him at right guard.

We’ll have a full update after practice.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Ashton Youboty, Brad Butler, Duke Preston, Jason Whittle, Melvin Fowler, Terrence McGee

McGee practicing again

By Chris Brown - Posted October 23rd, 2008

Terrence McGee is practicing for a second straight day, which is a very good sign that he’ll be a go on Sunday. McGee lined up with the starters at his familiar left cornerback position.

Not practicing Thursday were Ashton Youboty and Aaron Schobel. Schobel is still in the walking boot. Dick Jauron did not anticipate Schobel practicing Thursday, so it’s not a surprise.

Also not practicing was Brad Butler. Melvin Fowler was practicing, but Duke Preston was still taking first team center reps, with Jason Whittle next to him at right guard.

We’ll have a full update after practice.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Ashton Youboty, Brad Butler, Duke Preston, Jason Whittle, Melvin Fowler, Terrence McGee

If Fowler is healthy and Preston is still with the first string, I wonder if it's a change based on performance ala Wilson/Simpson

I wonder just how severe this injury to Schobel is.

Last week they led us to believe that it was really no worse than it was leading up to the Arizona game. I wasn't too surprised to see him sit last week, since I suspected that the coaches decided it was best to avoid the chance of a set-back against a non-division foe like the Chargers -- with three straight division games on the horizon. Well, the Miami game is here, and it doesn't sound like he is playing again this week.

Considering how well he has played against Miami and Pennington, I would have thought that Schobel would be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. That leaves me wondering if the injury isn't much more serious than we were initially led to believe. After all, it started up before the Cardinals game, rested during the bye, rested last week -- so we are now 4 weeks into it.

I wonder just how severe this injury to Schobel is.

Last week they led us to believe that it was really no worse than it was leading up to the Arizona game. I wasn't too surprised to see him sit last week, since I suspected that the coaches decided it was best to avoid the chance of a set-back against a non-division foe like the Chargers -- with three straight division games on the horizon. Well, the Miami game is here, and it doesn't sound like he is playing again this week.

Considering how well he has played against Miami and Pennington, I would have thought that Schobel would be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. That leaves me wondering if the injury isn't much more serious than we were initially led to believe. After all, it started up before the Cardinals game, rested during the bye, rested last week -- so we are now 4 weeks into it.

A better question is why no Ellis?? A third round pick who's specialty is running down QB's doesn't play a single down when the opportunity presents itself. To make matters worse, a disgraced McCargo with 2 bad discs who sucks does play!

A better question is why no Ellis?? A third round pick who's specialty is running down QB's doesn't play a single down when the opportunity presents itself. To make matters worse, a disgraced McCargo with 2 bad discs who sucks does play!

Umm McCargo and Ellis play different positions.