Brady's knee

Corp000085

Er....I'm IN the medical field, but when I talk to myself, people look at me in a strange manner. Or maybe it's just me. That is, of course, a distinct possibility.

I'm not dismissing you, or your wife, or your collective opinions vis-a-vis MRSA, okay? My point is that we ALL - yes, including me - have to be damn careful about throwing around words like "epidemic", or "death", "doom" and "destruction" on an internet web forum

Look, there are (I don't know) about 10,000 posters on this board. At any given time, there are perhaps 1% who have a loved one/relative/fellow employee that are going under the knife.

Jesus, I'm pretty hammered on a really bad Riesling, but let's do the math. .01 x 10,000 = 100 people, right? (I'm terrified that I did that incorrectly). One hundred people. That's quite a little community Here's a thought - YOU'RE NUMBER 42! Would you like to get your information vis-a-vis MRSA off a Bills web board? Goodness gracious!

The point being is that I would fervently admonish people NOT to throw things like EPIDEMIC out on forums like this. Whilst I don't disagree with your wife's observations. please make note that she most likely works in ONE hospital. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm going to guess that she doesn't work in as many hospitals as I do, in as many countries as I do. MRSA is a problem. Yes, indeed it is. This having been said, however, there is NOT an epidemic of MRSA. Believe me here. There's not even anything approaching epidemic proportions. I'm not saying for a nanosecond that I'd like to contract MRSA! But I walk in-and-out of hospitals every single day, and I'm still here, and am able to contribute irritating posts like this one. Let's just inhale deeply....that's all I'm saying.

"Cry Baby Cry" - The Beatles

I know what you are saying, & you are right. I am not trying to be an alarmist but as you know it is a very scary situation....esp with the privacy laws now (I'm afraid for her). By the way love the Beatles references....one of the best bands ever.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I feel that way, and I have no terminal illness. Good for you, man. I forgot to extend my best wishes for an extended, and relatively happy continuance of life. Let's hope you get to see the Bills take the whole thing, soon.

We're here for a while, and then we are gone. I'm sure you made your mark!

Go Bills!

Thanks, lets hope for a MAGICAL season GO BILLS :lol:

Whites Bay, do you wear a tie?

I have a molecular bio background. I have read that there is a growing feeling that doctors ties may be a big part of helping infections be spread around hospitals. Some places have told doctors not to wear ties anymore.

On a tangent, a booth at conferences that does very good business is one that sells ties, boxer shorts and women's scarfs that are imprinted with patterns that are electron micrographs of bacteria and viruses. They almost always sell out. You can get syphillis, gohonorreah, AIDS, smallpox, hepatitis, yeast, botulism, and many more. :lol: