TD just MAY be our SB GM!

JP-era

He picked Rob over Doug. Rob played better the following year and then proved to all of us that he sucks. Did TD go and follow many posters here and get Jeff Flake or stick With Van Chump? NO! He went into the draft and was ready to take Harrington at 4, He didnt get him and took Drew. Many at the time felt that NE had 2 starters and that Drew was the better player. If nothing else, he proved that he understands that you MUST have a good QB to win.

FF-> Picks McGahee when TH came off a 1200+ season, many said why? yet TD saw a disturbing trend in TH fumbing and wanted insurance.

FF-> Picked Evans and Losman. My Guess is they gave up that much for Losman because, a) They think he is THAT good and B) they saw enough from Drew to start to become disturbed about how much longer he could start.

FF-> TH isnt playing so good. McGahee gets better every game and will most likely be he starter at the end of the year. Drew isnt playing so good and, when healthy, Losman may start.

TD has allowed us fans, even in this dark hour, to have some hope. We get to actually say, dump Drew start Losman. Many here wanted us to forget QB in the draft, where would we be right now? Thank god we get to talk about a stud RB in McGahee rather than being like, "what the hell are we going to do now that Travis isnt so hot". Add in the TD built defense that is great and you have enough to place some faith in TD.

Really the only main gripe I have is that he really didnt do enough to add to our o-line. Yes, Drew proved to be a mistake, but no one knew that and the other choices werent there. Thank god we didnt commit to Van Schmuck, Vol-Pelt, Jeff Flake, or Travis Clown. Everyone here thought we were set at QB after Drews first season here. It all went terribly wrong after that. Again, thank TD for having another option right now!

Yes, you can look at our wins and losses and throw blame at TD. But, it isnt a sure thing when you make any move and unfortunatley it didnt go well at all. TD at least gave us a fighting chance.

I seriously cant think of a GM id rather have. Whos out there? Whos better?

I have a hard time faulting him because nearly every move he has made I supported at the time, and continue to support (with the exception of GW). I like the personnel on this team, though we need to do something with our offense. Obviously reciever wasnt the problem like we thought it was. Drew needs TIME. Either we give him time or find a quarterback who can help himself a little. I am off the drew bandwagon and think he should be gone. Start matthews and see what happens. If nothing else, it should give us better insight as to exactly what the problem is.

83568[/snapback]

Someone who isn't a flippin' idiot for starters. Too bad that screen wasn't used when TD was hired.

If JP ends up being an above average NFL starter, Evans picks it up more than he has already (and he's already shown signs signs of being explosive), and Willis continues along the lines of what he's already doing, there is no way you can fault TD. All those who like to complain about not having our top pick next year, or how TD doesn't address the line or whatever, will be silent. TD has done a great job being active and bringing in talent to our football team. Unfortunately it hasn't all come together yet.....but it will.

Unfortunately it hasn't all come together yet.....but it will.

83665[/snapback]

Sure, and you have a clue what you are talking about!

Open your eyes will ya. This team has been HORRIBLE under Donahoe's general management. Absolutely horrible.

How anyone can rationalize this futility into something good is beyond hilarious.

Sure, and you have a clue what you are talking about!

Open your eyes will ya.  This team has been HORRIBLE under Donahoe's general management. Absolutely horrible.

How anyone can rationalize this futility into something good is beyond hilarious.

83680[/snapback]

If you read my post you'll see exactly how I "rationalize" it, dumbass :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

He picked Rob over Doug. Rob played better the following year and then proved to all of us that he sucks. Did TD go and follow many posters here and get Jeff Flake or stick With Van Chump? NO! He went into the draft and was ready to take Harrington at 4, He didnt get him and took Drew. Many at the time felt that NE had 2 starters and that Drew was the better player. If nothing else, he proved that he understands that you MUST have a good QB to win.

FF-> Picks McGahee when TH came off a 1200+ season, many said why? yet TD saw a disturbing trend in TH fumbing and wanted insurance.

FF-> Picked Evans and Losman. My Guess is they gave up that much for Losman because, a) They think he is THAT good and B) they saw enough from Drew to start to become disturbed about how much longer he could start.

FF-> TH isnt playing so good. McGahee gets better every game and will most likely be he starter at the end of the year. Drew isnt playing so good and, when healthy, Losman may start.

TD has allowed us fans, even in this dark hour, to have some hope. We get to actually say, dump Drew start Losman. Many here wanted us to forget QB in the draft, where would we be right now? Thank god we get to talk about a stud RB in McGahee rather than being like, "what the hell are we going to do now that Travis isnt so hot". Add in the TD built defense that is great and you have enough to place some faith in TD.

Really the only main gripe I have is that he really didnt do enough to add to our o-line. Yes, Drew proved to be a mistake, but no one knew that and the other choices werent there. Thank god we didnt commit to Van Schmuck, Vol-Pelt, Jeff Flake, or Travis Clown. Everyone here thought we were set at QB after Drews first season here. It all went terribly wrong after that. Again, thank TD for having another option right now!

Yes, you can look at our wins and losses and throw blame at TD. But, it isnt a sure thing when you make any move and unfortunatley it didnt go well at all. TD at least gave us a fighting chance.

83568[/snapback]

Tom, you cant fool us!!!...get the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: off this board!!!

83568[/snapback]

You do make some good points.--Although I was never a Drew fan and thought we made a huge mistake picking him up.Don't say that no one knew drew would be bad.we knew that--we just didn't know HOW bad. AND--TD made a mistake keeeping RJ over Flutie.Flutie would have won us some games and given us time to develope a QB. RJ was one of the worst QBs the NFL has ever seen. ALSO--TD has failed to get us a decent D-end and a decent L-tackle.Those are two huge spots to fill.--I DO like the Losman pick---and the Willis pick is looking very good.-I am rooting for TD.I think there is hope.Losman plus a D end plus an Ltackle--and this team should be in the playoffs;but for God's sake get rid of Drew sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!

He's PROVEN to be horrible in both aspects of being a GM.

People around here keep saying that this team is loaded with top players but I just don't see it. Maybe loaded with players with a ton of talent, but talent doesn't win football games.

A GM's job is not to simply sign talented players. His job is to sign very good footbal players. Donahoe hasn't given us near enough very good footbal players. Instead we got a bunch of talented players who can't perform on the field together.

And don't even get me started on the coaching. Why Donahoe choose to apprentice wannabee HC's at the expense of winning is totall;y and completely baffling.

Well, Mike Mularkey has put together a talented staff of assistant coaches. Last year, we were all begging for Jim McNally to be our offensive line coach. Now he is. The players are still committing stupid penalties. You can blame that on a lot of things, but poor coaching isn't one of them.

Then take the WR positions. Last year, our WR coach was busily coaching rookie Anquan Boldin to a Pro Bowl level. This year, our WRs are running the wrong routes and dropping passes. Blame it on whatever you want to, but coaching isn't the problem.

Or take our QB coach, Sam Wyche. He's coached some of the best QBs in the league. He did such a good job that he worked his way up to offensive coordinator and eventually head coach. So when Drew goes out and makes mistakes, I'm not inclined to blame his position coach.

Maybe TD hasn't done a good enough job of acquiring smart, disciplined football players. Maybe the offense just needs more time to jell. But whatever other problems this team may have, its position coaches (especially on offense) are rock-solid.

He's PROVEN to be horrible in both aspects of being a GM.

People around here keep saying that this team is loaded with top players but I just don't see it.  Maybe loaded with players with a ton of talent, but talent doesn't win football games. 

A GM's job is not to simply sign talented players.  His job is to sign very good footbal players.  Donahoe hasn't given us near enough very good footbal players.  Instead we got a bunch of talented players who can't perform on the field together.

And don't even get me started on the coaching.  Why Donahoe choose to apprentice wannabee HC's at the expense of winning is totall;y and completely baffling.

83801[/snapback]