Why trade Travis?

Pete

Its a buyers market and we wont get jack for him. Marshall Faulk went for a second round pick. Corey Dillon went for a second round pick. Draft picks are more valuable now then ever in the history of the NFL. Every team has holes, noone retains all of their starters and one of the easiest ways to fill needs is to draft rookies and start them. Travis still has value for our team. If we trade him we need to replace him. Chances our whatever draft pick we end up with for Travis(my guess would be a third or fourth rounder) we could not draft a backup RB of his caliber to replace him. Travis has a cheap contract the next few years. He is a known quantity who can get tough yards for us in a pinch. He is familiar with our offense. No way in hell does anyone give us a #1 for Travis and I doubt highly we could get a #2 for him. Lets quit trying to run TH out of town and realize our RBs are a strength of this team. Travis and Willis can coexist and both contribute. I keep reading get rid of Jennings, Travis, MW, Fletcher, Reed, Teague, Wire, etc, etc. Well you need players to replace them!