Power Outage at RWS?

mcjeff215

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cell phones

Sure didn't sound like cell phones to me. And CBS had video without audio for awhile, so I don't think the fault is entirely with the stadium and power company (though it certainly is to some extent).

I'm looking forward to a full report from National Grid. I worked for Philadelphia Electric when I was in college. One job I had was investigating claims against the company. One time a Mylar balloon got caught in the lines right near a pole-mounted transformer. The transformer exploded and rained oil down on a car below.

This stuff happens all the time, but usually the section can be fed from another side and the issue is isolated. A trip caused by a fault would be retried automatically 8 seconds later. Three failures would cause a second switch to close. I get the feeling that isn't possible in this case.

I'm curious as to the structure of the grid around RWS. Rarely does a single point of failure take down a whole section, but with a fully electronic control system, I can see a reset taking a couple of hours. Poor timing for us fans.

I'll take the win. It thinks its now pretty evident that TE's health is paramount the success of the team. Oh, and K. Mitchell was a monster!

great. murph is either getting another call or his phone is dying.

On a side note, anyone in OP, hamburg, east aurora, etc. without power too, or is this just isolated to the stadium?

So you think people with power outages will be able to post? :beer:

Yes, I know about laptops. ;)

The transformer exploded and rained oil down on a car below.

Saw the transformer blow. Didn't see what hit it, but I heard a boom and saw a huge billow of yellow-ish smoke. Happened right by gate 6, behind the Rockpile.

I just got home from the game. Here's what happened.

At about 12:30 I was in my seat when I heard a loud pop. I looked over towards the scoreboard and could see smoke coming from something behind the scoreboard, just outside the stadium.

Power came back on in time for the game, then went back out after ten minutes.

I went to the bathroom, which was quite dark, and someone said that he had a buddy in the press box who said it was a balloon that hit a tranformer and fried the area.

WGR reported that it was a helium balloon after the game.

It was annoying not having the scoreboard, but if the game wasn't even shown on TV for parts, then that's worse. At least I got to see the whole game. Freak thing to happen.

I just got home from the game. Here's what happened.

At about 12:30 I was in my seat when I heard a loud pop. I looked over towards the scoreboard and could see smoke coming from something behind the scoreboard, just outside the stadium.

Power came back on in time for the game, then went back out after ten minutes.

I went to the bathroom, which was quite dark, and someone said that he had a buddy in the press box who said it was a balloon that hit a tranformer and fried the area.

WGR reported that it was a helium balloon after the game.

It was annoying not having the scoreboard, but if the game wasn't even shown on TV for parts, then that's worse. At least I got to see the whole game. Freak thing to happen.

Were concession stands still open? I can see lost sales being an issue for old ralphie.

I had more fun today then i have in a while at a Bills game. No freaking pimping of every product at every whistle. No sound bites and songs for the most part. If you are a true fan and can pay attention to the game....it was like going to your son's junior high game, only with 70,000 and no scoreboard whatsoever. I would pay an extra $10 a game for that sweet silence between plays.

Important thing.....beer taps working, Pepsi machines not. Works for me.

I was in the bathroom as the game started and lost power. EVeryone pulled out their cell phones and someone made the amendment to man law that taking flash photography in the men's room was now allowed. It is pitch black in there and when you gotta go, you gotta go.