Chiefs' Larry Johnson facing another assault charge

I guess the wheels of justice grind slowly....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been charged with simple assault for allegedly pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in February, the third time he has faced assault charges against a woman.

Johnson, 28, was charged last month for a Feb. 24 incident at the Grand Emporium Saloon. A 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing the side of her head with an open hand, telling her “don’t touch me” as he made his way through the club.

Johnson is due to appear in Kansas City Municipal Court on Dec. 3 and faces a maximum jail term of six months and a $500 fine.

The Chiefs had no comment and Johnson was not available Tuesday, an off day for the players. Johnson’s attorney, Kevin E.J. Regan, was in court Tuesday morning and not available for comment.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1125537

I guess the wheels of justice grind slowly....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...ticleid=1125537

A criminal charge for moving through a crowd - O Brother... :unsure:

Things like this is why people who would in previous times stop a child from running out into traffic, let the tyke go and get flattened.

Do that today - restrain a child from killing itself - and a simple assault charge is the least of your worries...the reward for helping a child being charged with being a sexual predator...

Things like this is why people who would in previous times stop a child from running out into traffic, let the tyke go and get flattened.

Do that today - restrain a child from killing itself - and a simple assault charge is the least of your worries...

Dude just because Larry Johnson decides to beat up some drunk broad does NOT mean that people should run over children with their cars. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Do that today - restrain a child from killing itself - and a simple assault charge is the least of your worries...the reward for helping a child being charged with being a sexual predator...

I don't see the correlation here, Cincy.

I'm not understanding why people here are defending this a-hole.

I don't see the correlation here, Cincy.

I'm not understanding why people here are defending this a-hole.

A shove in a crowd is not a basis for assault. If it was, there would be thousands and thousands of charges at any event where there is a crowd.

And the fact is, if you touch a child in any way these days, even to save it - you touched a child and so your life is ruined.

This summer in Cincinnati, a kid got into a car parked on the street. The owner went to his car, saw the kid roasting, and instead of opening the door and removing the child, he called the police. He knew well, had he opened the car door and removed that child, he was setting himself up for molestation charges.

A shove in a crowd is not a basis for assault. If it was, there would be thousands and thousands of charges at any event where there is a crowd.

And the fact is, if you touch a child in any way these days, even to save it - you touched a child and so your life is ruined.

This summer in Cincinnati, a kid got into a car parked on the street. The owner went to his car, saw the kid roasting, and instead of opening the door and removing the child, he called the police. He knew well, had he opened the car door and removed that child, he was setting himself up for molestation charges.

Dude first you said people should run over children and now you're saying to let them fry in a car?

Uh, again, how does shoving a woman in a crowd relate to saving a child? I would certainly argue that grabbing anyone to save them from harm must be looked at with a common-sense approach. But what exactly was Johnson saving this woman from by pushing her?

Uh, again, how does shoving a woman in a crowd relate to saving a child? I would certainly argue that grabbing anyone to save them from harm must be looked at with a common-sense approach. But what exactly was Johnson saving this woman from by pushing her?

he pushed her out of the way to save her from the right cross that was coming next if the B word didnt raise up out of his grill piece

but in all seriousness, i take into consideration what spoiled egomaniacs athletes can become and i STILL dont see this as Larry Johnson, the famous athlete, going out of his way to "shove" some poor girl who was just minding her business.

maybe its that whole, stupid "innocent until proven guilty" thing. or maybe its the fact that i commonly see how ridiculous (relentless? classless?) some females can be about "approaching" someone famous while at a club. but im not ready to compare LJ to OJ quite yet.

Dudette...I obviously was referring to extant laws that infect the Nation.

But by all means - continue posting...I understand your need to be oh-so-cute. :unsure:

I think I'm picking it up now. You're saying there is a law against getting a kid out of your car. Wouldn't it be trumped by the anti-child frying statute? It's sort of a catch 22 and then some. The guy could have just walked away and played dumb but it would have been tough to get that dead kid smell out of his car.

I think I'm picking it up now. You're saying there is a law against getting a kid out of your car. Wouldn't it be trumped by the anti-child frying statute? It's sort of a catch 22 and then some. The guy could have just walked away and played dumb but it would have been tough to get that dead kid smell out of his car.

What about WFTV's experiment in Orlando with pizza in the trunk of a car?

I think you're preaching to the choir. He isn't saying children should be left to fry or be run over, he is saying the lawsuit-happy nation we live in perpetuates a fear of helping others, no matter how innocent the intentions or the one needing help.