The End of the Empire

Speak for yourself jarhead..I like my job :)

In all seriousness, the "Empire" will survive. The greatest threat to the "Empire" is this...Obama wins. The House remains run by Pelosi (god forbid)...and the Senate reaches 60 Democrats...Enough to stop any Republican filibuster...The End of Days my friend!

I say this because the US was built on checks and balances...this would not be balance. Only the somewhat Conservative Supreme Court could stop the Dems but only after the fact.

Don't misunderstand me, I also love my job. But I have also seen how the contractor world works since exiting the Corps and let's just say I'm not impressed. As a taxpayer it sickens me to see so much money wasted. That is where I'm personally conflicted. I work on a program that I know saves lives, yet the administration of it is near criminal in how the contract(s) are awarded and administered. At the end of the day though I concern myself with the things I can change and don't worry about those outside my sphere of influence.

I share your concern about a Leftist run Government. I don't hate Democrats as conner asserted you do, but I do hate people like Pelosi and her ilk for exactly the reasons you mentioned. And yes, the corrupt Republicans are an example of why having one party in control of congress and the executive branch is a bad thing. We potentially will have our Gov't run by a Leftist in Obama and San Francisco style politics in the house. Very disturbing times indeed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself jarhead..I like my job :)

In all seriousness, the "Empire" will survive. The greatest threat to the "Empire" is this...Obama wins. The House remains run by Pelosi (god forbid)...and the Senate reaches 60 Democrats...Enough to stop any Republican filibuster...The End of Days my friend!

I say this because the US was built on checks and balances...this would not be balance. Only the somewhat Conservative Supreme Court could stop the Dems but only after the fact.

We have elections every two years, if people don't like the way its going then they'll vote out the Democrats. Right now people are rejecting the Republicans AND gridlock and fear continued inaction over giving the Democrats a chance to right the ship. God knows that power is finite in many ways.

That and always reminding them of the Judgement of Paris in 1976. :thumbsup:

i actually had to "google" that as i had no clue what you were talking about!! Interesting. a little upstet about the whites, as i love Bourgogne Whites but not that much about the reds, i'm no fan of Bordeaux's. Bourgogne reds'd have killed the competition!

Anyway iIf they need some judges for the next time, i volunteer!!

I don't know how it could have been considered as a surprise as the americans had won the 1920 games too (again vs France in the final) ... anyway the USA have not been able to win vs France since (5 defeats since those 1924 games). I'd like to see rugby back in the Olympics, that'd surely help the sport grow around the world and in the US.

I work on a program that I know saves lives, yet the administration of it is near criminal in how the contract(s) are awarded and administered.

In my experience on this subject, this administration doesn't work any differently than the previous ones did. It's a Washington epidemic.

In my experience on this subject, this administration doesn't work any differently than the previous ones did. It's a Washington epidemic.
I wouldn't say epidemic but the government says we are actually cheaper in the long run...You don't have to pay retirement or health care to a military or USG civilian if you use contractors. Never was sure about that math.

I don't know how it could have been considered as a surprise as the Americans had won the 1920 games too (again vs France in the final) ... anyway the USA have not been able to win vs France since (5 defeats since those 1924 games). I'd like to see rugby back in the Olympics, that'd surely help the sport grow around the world and in the US.
Something you and me can see eye to eye on cheese eater :thumbsup: . I wish it would be an Olympic sport. I play here in Australia and it's a great game. This may be my last year playing though. Almost 40 and the pain does not seem to go away so quickly as it used too. I do feel bad for the Australians NRL teams though, the French Union teams and the English Super League teams pay way more than the NRL. Lots of good players leaving here.

Something you and me can see eye to eye on cheese eater :thumbsup: . I wish it would be an Olympic sport. I play here in Australia and it's a great game. This may be my last year playing though. Almost 40 and the pain does not seem to go away so quickly as it used too. I do feel bad for the Australians NRL teams though, the French Union teams and the English Super League teams pay way more than the NRL. Lots of good players leaving here.

yes those aussies rugby league guys are the new fashion in clubs around here... with mixed results so far... the adaptation from League to Union is not as easy at it looks...

This may be my last year playing though. Almost 40 and the pain does not seem to go away so quickly as it used too.

Yeah, what you realize as an athelete playing into your late 30's early forties is that the loss of speed etc is more than compensated for by the knowledge, instincts, and above all the toughness you pick up. What gets you in the end is not diminished ability at all, but the simple fact that every little bump and bruise takes longer and longer to heal, to the point where each week you are still hobbled from the previous weeks game (let alone anything new you pick up in practice!). It gets to the point where you simply can't keep up physically with weekly games.

Yeah, what you realize as an athelete playing into your late 30's early forties is that the loss of speed etc is more than compensated for by the knowledge, instincts, and above all the toughness you pick up. What gets you in the end is not diminished ability at all, but the simple fact that every little bump and bruise takes longer and longer to heal, to the point where each week you are still hobbled from the previous weeks game (let alone anything new you pick up in practice!). It gets to the point where you simply can't keep up physically with weekly games.

That's perfectly right! I broke my thumb (bunting!) 2 weeks ago in our end of season baseball tournament and even if i'd like to play again next season that injury really makes me wonder if i'll do. At almost 36 with all those young kids playing like fools and recovering from about anything in a week i start to really feel old. Each slide, fall, ball hurt much more than it used to... And all those rolled eyes the monday morning when i show up at work limping or with a black eye...

It takes a lot longer to warm up, too. And the muscles need longer to rest between games. You make a great point about knowledge and insticts, they are better as a veteran.

I don't get your hate of democrats? Is every action they do 100% wrong or something? You don't suppose they'd do a better job than the guy who's currently ruining our country?

Yes, they would, and it wouldn't be close. No one seems to mind the national debt because it hasn't effected us yet. Bush got us in trouble for 2 reasons: war and medicade expansion. If you think that's bad try to kill those who produce and save with more taxes (real economy), with those who want tax benefit expansion to them at others expense (false economy based on credit expansion). That deficit figure, when it comes due, becomes the end of the U.S as you know it, just like the USSR. That's why liberals, and that includes most big spending Republicans, don't care about history.

What you have to understand is that the Democrats, and all liberals, are clueless as to fix the economy. They want to push a stimulus package in the face of this mess, and Obama wants to give tax credits to those who don't pay taxes. That enforces the idea that spending is the solution, not production and savings.

Strong economies are based on exporting, production, savings, and yes deflation from a strong dollar. We are a debtor nation, whereas when we previously rebounded we were a creditor nation. When we borrowed into deficits in the past it was to increase manufacturing in this country, and our object was to pay it back. Those days are done. Even the "Green Economy" that is being touted as a turn-around won't be enough unless we export and manufacture that stuff ourselves. More than likely it will be engineered here and made in Asia.

This country has the 4 year election rule, which in essence means that people will only think for 4 years back and not think about the problems that preceded that official and blame the previous administration for what happened during their term. Also, people forget that Paulson and Bernanke have more influence as to our economy than the president or congress combined. We have lost control of the country to 2 unelected officials. If you know anything about world history, at least in the last 20 years, read the histories of Argentina and Chile on monetary policy.

I also want to add that any country which cuts Medicare benefits to the elderly who paid into the system to increase them to illegals, and any country that burns it's own food and/or subsidizes it into inefficient fuel while simultaneously runs up trade deficits cannot last.

We are living off the fat of yesteryear, and have no attempt to build up future fat for our children, and contrarily want to ravage the countryside of our children so we can continue to destroy the country with liberal policies that will fail. Most Americans have national hubris that we are too big to fall. It will happen if we continue to allow a failed foreign policy effort of international police that we can't afford, an entitlement system we can't afford, and an illegal invasion that is destroying this country of billions of annual dollars.

Fat men don't know they are fat until they try to run. We might need to run soon, only to find out we are too fat to recover for the race.