Hochuli's crew is a complete mess tonight

Simon

Hochuli's losing it. He's trying to over-explain the calls now.

Yeah, I really do not get the whole explaining thing anyway, I mean they are the ref's, and they make the call

by intepreting the rules, and they should just just call the penalty, and shut the h%ll up. The same two explanations

from one ref to another are never quite the same anyway, and it just pours more fuel on the fire. I can understand

an explanation on a review, but it should be limited to just that, and standardize your explanations. This stuff about

someone giving someone else the business at the bottom of the scrum, and ad libs similiar to this make for great

theatre, but are they neccesary.And nother thing, there are way to many rules now, and it appears to me, or at least

I think that it comes off as them, to quote somebody dear to us, as being "over officias jerks". :nana:

on the reggie bush fumble.....how did they not call that fascmask?that wasn't even a incidental or accidental facemask.that defender was dragging reggie down by the fascmask and then the ball came out for the fumble.go bills in two weeks!

I have a question:

When Winfield blitzed and took the ball away from Brees he clearly possessed it while on top of Brees. He proceeded to get up and ran an extra 10-15 yards before he was tackled.

Why was he not down by contact when he was on top of Brees? Was a part of the body not touching the ground?

He wasn't down by contact because he was on top of Brees. In order to be down by contact, one has to actually be down (a part of his body other than his foot or a hand must be touching the turf). I only saw it once, but it didn't look like he had a knee or elbow on the turf.

Now, had Brees been touching the sideline instead of in the pocket, I'm not sure if Winfield would have been down or not. Because if Brees is touching the sideline, he's part of the sideline, so Winfield would have been on the sideline so he would have been down I guess. Right? But then NO would have still had the ball as a player on the sideline can't recover a fumble.