Hello? Marcus you there?

besides the first two weeks (but really mostly week 1) what has marcus stroud done. i've been defending marcus against my friend whos a jets fan (thinks kris jenkins is the s**t and marcus sux). now i feel like he was right. our run D isnt bad. but i was expecting marcus to collapse the pocket more than he has. Did i have the wrong expectations?

he is busy getting double teamed on every play, while our All-Pro DE Schobel is getting manhandled by a guard converted to a tackle because he was so bad at guard...when you are getting blocked like that by "Turnstile" Gandy, you have serious issues...

he is busy getting double teamed on every play, while our All-Pro DE Schobel is getting manhandled by a guard converted to a tackle because he was so bad at guard...when you are getting blocked like that by "Turnstile" Gandy, you have serious issues...

Schobel seems like a no-show this season. Maybe it's time to give Chris Ellis some playing time.

besides the first two weeks (but really mostly week 1) what has marcus stroud done. i've been defending marcus against my friend whos a jets fan (thinks kris jenkins is the s**t and marcus sux). now i feel like he was right. our run D isnt bad. but i was expecting marcus to collapse the pocket more than he has. Did i have the wrong expectations?

See above posts. Stroud completely transformed this defense. Yes, they had a bad game today but they've been solid all year. Stroud is a run stuffer and a space eater, the problem is our horrible DEs who still can't pressure anyone even with a top 10 DT eating two blockers at once. Schobel is an absolute joke but don't worry he'll get some sacks against the Jets, but I don't think he'll have his usual success against the Fish with that gimmick offense they run now. Freaking Beurlein during the broadcast was all over Schoebel's junk about how he has the most sacks since some random year and how the O always knows where he's at. And I kept think yes they do, because when he lines up 7 yards wide of the next lineman they run through the gap he leaves. Chris Ellis anyone?

:thumbsup:

See above posts. Stroud completely transformed this defense. Yes, they had a bad game today but they've been solid all year. Stroud is a run stuffer and a space eater, the problem is our horrible DEs who still can't pressure anyone even with a top 10 DT eating two blockers at once. Schobel is an absolute joke but don't worry he'll get some sacks against the Jets, but I don't think he'll have his usual success against the Fish with that gimmick offense they run now. Freaking Beurlein during the broadcast was all over Schoebel's junk about how he has the most sacks since some random year and how the O always knows where he's at. And I kept think yes they do, because when he lines up 7 yards wide of the next lineman they run through the gap he leaves. Chris Ellis anyone?

Agreed, the Schobel fellatio that has gone on at TBD for the last few years is sickening. He was average and somehow has remained average with the addition of Marcus Stroud.

He is terrible in run support.

Most of his sacks come against garbage teams in garbage time.

He is extremely undersized, 242 pounds? That is a medium sized LB for Krist's sake.