Orchard Park High School Football

PearlHowardman

Maple Grove--ranked every year in the area in every sport..

St. Joes-plays national programs

Clymer-ranked

NT-Ranked

Sweet Home-Ranked

Victor-Ranked

Grand Island-ranked

Iroquois-Ranked

Fredonia-Ranked

Lackawanna-Ranked

Southwestern-Ranked

Cleve Hill-Ranked

Oakfield Alabama-Ranked

AL-Ranked

Frewburg-Ranked

Portville-Ranked

-----All these teams are local and have chances to win state titles

How's Silver Creek looking?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe they are not as good as the Rochester teams.

I am with the other posters; who cares. I nominate this for dumbest post of the week.

There's been teams in other classes that have advanced further or won the state championships, why not OP, the year-in, year-out power? It's not like the kids are in awe of being there.

I mean, generally when you get that deep into the playoffs, you have your best sophomores called up from JV to practice with the big boys once their season ends. They may not play, but they get the experience of the playoff atmosphere and the initial shock and awe of playing at the Ralph out of the way (I played there myself. The feeling when you come out of that tunnel is unbelievable, almost empty stadium or not).

The juniors may be contributors to the team, or they may be on the sidelines. The seniors have probably already been there before. I'm not saying OP's run isn't impressive. I just find it very surprising that with all the talent they have year in and year out, with kids constantly being able to say they've been there before, that not ONE team has been able to break through.

i had Tundo as a gym teacher... the guy wasn't very bright. I have no idea how he gets his football team to play so well.

I too graduated OP and had Tundo in Gym. He isn't the brightest guy but he has a great sports mind. He consistently gets his football and Lacrosse teams deep into the state tournaments, and this is a guy that had never picked up a lacrosse stick until he started coaching. He simply knows how to get alot out of his players. I don't understand how any one out of OP could have anything bad to say about Tundo, he is an OP legend.

I too graduated OP and had Tundo in Gym. He isn't the brightest guy but he has a great sports mind. He consistently gets his football and Lacrosse teams deep into the state tournaments, and this is a guy that had never picked up a lacrosse stick until he started coaching. He simply knows how to get alot out of his players. I don't understand how any one out of OP could have anything bad to say about Tundo, he is an OP legend.

Same here...back then Tundo was the defensive coordinator with Dan Elvin running the show. I remember when the lacrosse programs were in their infancy.

its funny cause all the people that are talking trash about OP, played or went to a different school other then OP. And like normal, we kicked the s**t out of any or your sports teams. Always football! the only school OP has respect for is frontier cuz they give us a hell of a game every single year. Nothing like a true rivalry. And to OP being choke artists, hahaha, sorry you couldnt have been in the position to lose in the postseason to the powerhouse teams that we lose to every year. Do some more research tho and check out where all those teams went after they beat us. you do that and u'll find out they won states mostly every single year after they beat us. if they didnt win states, they went to states and lost closely.

There's been teams in other classes that have advanced further or won the state championships, why not OP, the year-in, year-out power? It's not like the kids are in awe of being there.

I mean, generally when you get that deep into the playoffs, you have your best sophomores called up from JV to practice with the big boys once their season ends. They may not play, but they get the experience of the playoff atmosphere and the initial shock and awe of playing at the Ralph out of the way (I played there myself. The feeling when you come out of that tunnel is unbelievable, almost empty stadium or not).

The juniors may be contributors to the team, or they may be on the sidelines. The seniors have probably already been there before. I'm not saying OP's run isn't impressive. I just find it very surprising that with all the talent they have year in and year out, with kids constantly being able to say they've been there before, that not ONE team has been able to break through.

the teams that are from syracuse and rochester and around new york city and very strong teams. they play better competition. class AA is the toughest class obviously cuz its the biggest so of course other teams from lower classes moved farther and even won states. but we shouldnt be argueing about that. if its a WNY team in the postseason, you root for them so they can represent WNY against all the other areas in NY. i love it when we have schools from WNY go far in the playoffs and go to states. thats great!

New York State Class 'AA' High School Football

Rankings 10-08-2008

1 Orchard Park Quakers

2. North Tonawanda Lumberjacks

3 Monroe-Woodbury Crusaders

4 Schenectady Patriots

5 Minisink Valley Warriors

6 Saratoga Springs Blue Streaks

7 Binghamton Patriots

8 Lancaster Redskins

9 William Floyd Colonials

10 Gates-Chili Spartans

New York State Class 'AA' High School Football

Rankings 10-08-2008

1 Orchard Park Quakers

2. North Tonawanda Lumberjacks

3 Monroe-Woodbury Crusaders

4 Schenectady Patriots

5 Minisink Valley Warriors

6 Saratoga Springs Blue Streaks

7 Binghamton Patriots

8 Lancaster Redskins

9 William Floyd Colonials

10 Gates-Chili Spartans

im sorry but those couldnt be more wrong. and i dont mean to argue with you or anything. where did you get that information from because where ever you got it from, they really need some help haha.

• 2 weeks later...

OP ranked 10th in the East! Hey Frontier Dad, sounds like sour grapes! We will see you all at the Ralph in November! And we will be practicin' at the Fieldhouse!!

If all goes well, we'll be in Syracuse for Thanksgiving.

OP ranked 10th in the East! Hey Frontier Dad, sounds like sour grapes! We will see you all at the Ralph in November! And we will be practicin' at the Fieldhouse!!

If all goes well, we'll be in Syracuse for Thanksgiving.

Eat. My. Shorts.

Think about this for a moment. OP is Frontier's second biggest rival (behind cross-town Hamburg Central). I'm supposed to cheer for their rival? Puh-lease. That's like rooting for the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl because the Bills aren't in it . . . :wallbash:

Call is sour grapes if you like, I call it good sense.

I think WNY high school sports have been steadily improving. A few short years ago, Niagara Falls High won the New York State title in basketball...including NYC teams, and finished ranked from #1 to #3 in the country, depending on the individual poll. With the recent improvement in UB Football, I suspect that WNY is among the most improved regions of the country, for amateur athletics.

They aren't at Ohio, or Texas level, yet. But, let's enjoy the improvement and the outlook for the future.

Eat. My. Shorts.

Think about this for a moment. OP is Frontier's second biggest rival (behind cross-town Hamburg Central). I'm supposed to cheer for their rival? Puh-lease. That's like rooting for the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl because the Bills aren't in it . . . :wallbash:

Call is sour grapes if you like, I call it good sense.

I don't think anyone expects you to cheer for your rival, but a little respect for their improvement, might make you seem less of an ass.

I think WNY high school sports have been steadily improving. A few short years ago, Niagara Falls High won the New York State title in basketball...including NYC teams, and finished ranked from #1 to #3 in the country, depending on the individual poll. With the recent improvement in UB Football, I suspect that WNY is among the most improved regions of the country, for amateur athletics.

They aren't at Ohio, or Texas level, yet. But, let's enjoy the improvement and the outlook for the future.

Falls has been in the title game in four of the last five years, but sadly has but one title to show for that run.

But don't forget about how many state basketball titles LaSalle had before the LaSalle - NFHS merger. I have no idea if NYC schools were in there, but LaSalle was state champs in 88, 95 and 96.

Falls has been in the title game in four of the last five years, but sadly has but one title to show for that run.

But don't forget about how many state basketball titles LaSalle had before the LaSalle - NFHS merger. I have no idea if NYC schools were in there, but LaSalle was state champs in 88, 95 and 96.

The NFHS/LaSalle merger has really created a basketball monster.