1994 Packers

Albany,n.y.

The 1994 Packers camp featured not only the best group of QBs (based on future career production) but also possibly the best group of assistants (based on future coaching careers) since the NY Giants of the 50s.

The QBs : Brett Favre, a future Hall of Famer; Mark Brunell-a solid starter for about a decade; Kurt Warner-not only a solid starter & Super Bowl winner like Favre, but a guy who still is playing at a high level in 2008; and Ty Detmer-a solid backup for years. Obviously, Warner got cut, but GM Ron Wolf certainly had a keen eye for QB talent.

The Coaches: The Head Coach Mike Holmgren, ending a run in 2008, great longevity in a tough business. Steve Mariucci-Went on to success in SF before getting Millenized in Detroit. Andy Reid-long time Eagles head coach. Jon Gruden-Successful in both Oakland and Tampa Bay, where he won a Super Bowl. Finally DICK JAURON, the current Bills head coach.

Before the season started, I picked the Bills to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. If I'm right, it will be a mini reunion of two guys who served on the same staff up in Green Bay. I'm sure there will be lots of talk about the Green Bay staff of the 1990s if these two teams play in the big one.

The 1994 Packers camp featured not only the best group of QBs (based on future career production) but also possibly the best group of assistants (based on future coaching careers) since the NY Giants of the 50s.

The QBs : Brett Favre, a future Hall of Famer; Mark Brunell-a solid starter for about a decade; Kurt Warner-not only a solid starter & Super Bowl winner like Favre, but a guy who still is playing at a high level in 2008; and Ty Detmer-a solid backup for years. Obviously, Warner got cut, but GM Ron Wolf certainly had a keen eye for QB talent.

The Coaches: The Head Coach Mike Holmgren, ending a run in 2008, great longevity in a tough business. Steve Mariucci-Went on to success in SF before getting Millenized in Detroit. Andy Reid-long time Eagles head coach. Jon Gruden-Successful in both Oakland and Tampa Bay, where he won a Super Bowl. Finally DICK JAURON, the current Bills head coach.

Before the season started, I picked the Bills to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. If I'm right, it will be a mini reunion of two guys who served on the same staff up in Green Bay. I'm sure there will be lots of talk about the Green Bay staff of the 1990s if these two teams play in the big one.

And it could be that Kurt Warner is in another SB before he is done.

Let me guess....

After the Bills the Eagles are your next favorite team?

Let me guess....

After the Bills the Eagles are your next favorite team?

Not even close. I went game by game before the season started & came up with the Eagles as a totally unbiased pick. My NFC team is the Giants because I grew up on Long Island & live in Giants country.