The interesting to me about the depth chart is...

Pyrite Gal

that Steve is listed as the back-up at the LWR position behind Parrish.

While it does make sense to me that what we will likely see from the Bills replacing Parrish as the slot WR is much more likely to be Reed than Hardy (Reed is a vet with a rep as a disciplined route runner who would seem to be a far better fit in the slot than Hardy who is a rookie who has worked for the most part as best as I can tell at the outside WR position).

However, a lot probably depends upon the extent that the Turk wants to replace the very good production he has gotten out of Reed as the #2 WR playing on the outside with the production Hardy will provide. Hardy made a great catch for the TD against Jax and thus has shown great potential. However, its not like Reed is easily tossed aside as his production has reached new levels for him as our #2 WR.

Further, in his final pre-season games, though he was playing against scrubs so a ton cannot be made of it, Johnson earned a spot on this roster with some very good production.

A lot depends on how Johnson and Jenkins are used in practice. My guess is that Hardy has gotten a bit more time and attention to helping him be our #2 than Johnson has gotten being an inactive player. However, unless there is some valuable ST player who gets activated over Johnson, he will be elevated to the active roster. If the Turk and the braintrust are impressed enough with Reeds output as the #2 wideout (he certainly has shown a lot as a blocker on outside and goaline runs that I would not be surprised if Hardy cannot replicate).

If so we may end up seeing a bit of Johnson as the slot guy in 3WR sets rather than a lot more of Hardy.

we'll see, and preseason is meaningless, but little Stevie Johnson has caught absolutely everything thrown his way so far.. and is a natural replacement for parrish. Hardy takes over for Reed at some point...

Does anybody else remember the first couple weeks of preseason when Steve Johnson had "Steve Johnson" on the back of his jersey? I thought that was funny. My friends and I refer to him as Steve "Steve Johnson" Johnson

Does anybody else remember the first couple weeks of preseason when Steve Johnson had "Steve Johnson" on the back of his jersey? I thought that was funny. My friends and I refer to him as Steve "Steve Johnson" Johnson

Huh?

Think that was because it wasn't S. Johnson, but in reality I have no idea what you are talking about. :lol:

that Steve is listed as the back-up at the LWR position behind Parrish.

While it does make sense to me that what we will likely see from the Bills replacing Parrish as the slot WR is much more likely to be Reed than Hardy (Reed is a vet with a rep as a disciplined route runner who would seem to be a far better fit in the slot than Hardy who is a rookie who has worked for the most part as best as I can tell at the outside WR position).

However, a lot probably depends upon the extent that the Turk wants to replace the very good production he has gotten out of Reed as the #2 WR playing on the outside with the production Hardy will provide. Hardy made a great catch for the TD against Jax and thus has shown great potential. However, its not like Reed is easily tossed aside as his production has reached new levels for him as our #2 WR.

Further, in his final pre-season games, though he was playing against scrubs so a ton cannot be made of it, Johnson earned a spot on this roster with some very good production.

A lot depends on how Johnson and Jenkins are used in practice. My guess is that Hardy has gotten a bit more time and attention to helping him be our #2 than Johnson has gotten being an inactive player. However, unless there is some valuable ST player who gets activated over Johnson, he will be elevated to the active roster. If the Turk and the braintrust are impressed enough with Reeds output as the #2 wideout (he certainly has shown a lot as a blocker on outside and goaline runs that I would not be surprised if Hardy cannot replicate).

If so we may end up seeing a bit of Johnson as the slot guy in 3WR sets rather than a lot more of Hardy.

I agree! Reed in the slot would make more sense. Give Hardy the outside to get open deep and on outs. Ala Irvin and Owens, (to early?). Go Bills. :lol: Hockey is on its way, and I can't wait :worthy: .

I don't hthink we see Johnson today at all. We will see 2 RB's a lot, and we'll see Hardy. In order, I predict the adjustments will be (in terms of nuumber of plays with each):

(1) Jackson split wide, Lynch in backfield, Royal, Evans, Reed

(2) Lynch, Royal, Evans, Reed, Hardy

(3) Lynch, Royal, Evans, Jackson, Reed

(3) Lynch, Royal, Evans, Jenkins, Jackson