Tony Gonzalez Anyone?

billsfans126

Chris Brown today: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/11/e...alez-and-bills/

ESPN News report on Gonzalez and Bills

Chris Brown

Posted October 11th, 2008

Tags: Tony Gonzalez

Though there are no links to any written stories on their website, ESPN News (TV) is reporting that the Bills are one of several teams “known to have inquired about” Kansas City TE Tony Gonzalez. According to ESPN News the asking price is starting at a 1st round pick “and change.” The network did not attribute their report to any of their NFL beat reporters.

Gonzalez has been reportedly interested in making a move to a contending team as the Chiefs are in full blown rebuilding mode. The perennial Pro Bowl tight end is signed through 2011 at reasonable base salaries for a player of his caliber ($1M in ‘08, $4M in ‘09, $4.5M in ‘10, $5.75M in ‘11), though $17M of his most recent contract in guaranteed and could include some of the base salaries listed above.

A first-round pick and then some is a lot to surrender, but Gonzalez has been one of the most durable tight ends in the league and at 32 likely has at least two more productive seasons in him.

We’ll do our best to keep you updated on the possibility of Gonzalez being moved by the Chiefs prior to the Tuesday trade deadline. The Eagles are another team that has been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Gonzalez as well as the Giants.

Personally I wouldn't consider giving up a first for Gonzalez. If he was 28, maybe, if our pick was towards the end of the round.

KC will be looking for draft picks, not JP. They are in the process of rebuilding, and are trying to accumlate as many picks as possible. They already have a young qb they need access, in Croyle. If he does not work out, they will draft a qb next year. As for us, this is not the year to mortgage the future for immediate gain. The 2009 and 2010 seasons will be our best shot at making a long playoff run. Will Gonzalez be an elite player at the age of 33 and 34? Probably not. This season is important. The bills have a great shot of winning the division. The next two season however, could be great.

A first is way to much to give up. There's no way he gets traded for one, but that's most likely the starting point for negotiations. Shockey was traded for a second and a fifth. I'm not sure if the Chiefs will trade him if they don't get a first, however. They are probably seeing if they can get a good deal for him, but only at their price. If we could get him for a second and a fifth though, I might do it

Chris Brown today: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/11/e...alez-and-bills/

ESPN News report on Gonzalez and Bills

Chris Brown

Posted October 11th, 2008

Tags: Tony Gonzalez

Though there are no links to any written stories on their website, ESPN News (TV) is reporting that the Bills are one of several teams “known to have inquired about” Kansas City TE Tony Gonzalez. According to ESPN News the asking price is starting at a 1st round pick “and change.” The network did not attribute their report to any of their NFL beat reporters.

Gonzalez has been reportedly interested in making a move to a contending team as the Chiefs are in full blown rebuilding mode. The perennial Pro Bowl tight end is signed through 2011 at reasonable base salaries for a player of his caliber ($1M in ‘08, $4M in ‘09, $4.5M in ‘10, $5.75M in ‘11), though $17M of his most recent contract in guaranteed and could include some of the base salaries listed above.

A first-round pick and then some is a lot to surrender, but Gonzalez has been one of the most durable tight ends in the league and at 32 likely has at least two more productive seasons in him.

We’ll do our best to keep you updated on the possibility of Gonzalez being moved by the Chiefs prior to the Tuesday trade deadline. The Eagles are another team that has been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Gonzalez as well as the Giants.

Personally I wouldn't consider giving up a first for Gonzalez. If he was 28, maybe, if our pick was towards the end of the round.

they wouldn't/won't get close to a 1st rounder for him.......more likely a 4th.........i think it's unlikely he goes anyway

I would give a first. I hate Robert Royal. And to see him never touch the field again this year would be worth a first.

Think how much better our offense would be with TG? He's a tremdous blocker and great pass catcher. He would garner a double team which would open more one-on-ones for Lee, Roscoe, Reed.