Raiders drama boiling over

scribo

Raider exec faces off with a reporter 'Get your hands off me'

This is a funny video of San Jose Mercury News writer, Tim Kawakami, getting into a war of words with an Oakland Raiders executive. Check out the part when Kawakami puts his hand on the executive's arm. The Raiders are not big fans of Kawamkami's writing and reporting due to the fact that he talks about Lane Kiffin's potential firing almost daily in the San Jose Merc.

Very funny stuff. You have to wonder how far a big time organization like the Raiders will go with this soap opera.

Update on that: Kiffin called him today to apologize.

Further proof that LK doesn't deserve the crap he's taking from Al. I wish him the best.

I guess my question to this is why does Lane Kiffen have to apologize for this mook that Al Davis has under his employment......

I dont know about you guys....but I am really starting to feel sorry for Lane Kiffen....and hope that he gets fired soon so he can move on someplace else.

Raider exec faces off with a reporter 'Get your hands off me'

Very funny stuff. You have to wonder how far a big time organization like the Raiders will go with this soap opera.

I gotta belive the league would be unhappy with that "exec's" unprofessional performance in front of a room full of media. What a bush organization the Raiders have become...

Herrera must be some piece of work:

"...In 1986, Ornstein punched his fellow senior administrator, John Herrera, during an argument over who had used a movie projector last. Herrera pressed charges, and Ornstein pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery.

"When you work for Al (Davis), you kind of think you can do whatever you want," Ornstein said. "As a young guy, I was a feisty guy. … I did a lot of stupid things. I try not to do too many stupid things anymore.

"I haven't punched anybody out in 25 years."

I guess my question to this is why does Lane Kiffen have to apologize for this mook that Al Davis has under his employment......

I dont know about you guys....but I am really starting to feel sorry for Lane Kiffen....and hope that he gets fired soon so he can move on someplace else.

In the column, the writer wrote Kiffen was walking around in the room during this whole ordeal beaming, smiling ear to ear. I would think Kiffen is less than happy with this columnist, as well, but he was probably laughing at the mess that this is for the entire organization.

At least the ongoing saga is entertaining. With a 1-2 football team you need SOMETHING fun going on.

I especially like how some of what Herrera said didn't make sense. Like when Kawakami asked if he was embarassed and he said "I'm embarassed you can't write a column" - that was such an awkward phrase!

In the column, the writer wrote Kiffen was walking around in the room during this whole ordeal beaming, smiling ear to ear. I would think Kiffen is less than happy with this columnist, as well, but he was probably laughing at the mess that this is for the entire organization.

I think that's not it. Kiffin is at war with Al Davis and the Raiders lackey front office and not the media. The media loves this guy; he's a lightning rod of controversy, a spectacle, and a constant source of bizarre columns.

If Kiffin hated the media, I sincerely doubt that he'd offer up so many juicy clues and tantalizing nuggets as to what it is truly like to work for Uncle Al. I rather think he was smiling because he deftly turned the tables on Herrera, who presented himself and the front office as fools all the way around. Fools for trying to undermine the head coach, fools for taking it public, fools for grossly underestimating Kiffin, fools for not dealing with the situation professionally, and fools for boorish behavior and stupidity.

What's not to smile about?