Aaron Schoebel

Jdorn

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I havent seen it so here goes.

I really think we need to consider restructuring Aarons contract or trading him. I like the guy as a person and he is a decent player but he's always been a one trick pony (speed) and even he has admitted he's slowing down. Honestly I've been more impressed with Kelsey. Maybe I'm tired of watching him take a bus around Lake Ontario trying to get to the qb but I was wondering what yall think?

I really think we need to consider restructuring Aarons contract or trading him. I like the guy as a person and he is a decent player but he's always been a one trick pony (speed) and even he has admitted he's slowing down. Honestly I've been more impressed with Kelsey. Maybe I'm tired of watching him take a bus around Lake Ontario trying to get to the qb but I was wondering what yall think?

I'm not Schobel's biggest fan, but who are you starting in his place? Denney?

If you're old enough to have seen Bruce play, he did the same thing, it would make me crazy to see him form a natural pocket for the QB. Of course every once in a while he'd crash inside too. It might be the scheme and not the player.

If you're old enough to have seen Bruce play, he did the same thing, it would make me crazy to see him form a natural pocket for the QB. Of course every once in a while he'd crash inside too. It might be the scheme and not the player.

Good points however you are correct Bruce did crash the middle more often and almost always drew two or three blockers. Schoebel is getting pushed far outside by single linemen I've never heard of. Its all on tape the first three games this year and many last year. I'm not sure who I would replace him with I guess I just don't think it would be that hard to find someone who plays almost or as well for less money.

I've been a fan since 88 when I went to my first game and was lucky enough to be at Rich for all those awesome playoff games.

But, but Schobel is 2nd only to Jason Taylor in sacks since 2003.... :flirt: Someone would have said it, but like LaBatt said, we don't have a replacement either.

Exactly on the rolls eyes, Again I don't know who would replace him thats what I'm trying to get a feel for do we think he would be willing to restructure or would it be that hard to find an adequete replacement. Perhaps I'm missing something here about his play and he is truly worthy of being mentioned along with BBBRRRUUUUUCCCEEEEE.

Really, are you sure about that?

I think that statement is more "mentally challenged", as you say, than anything else in this thread.

haha.....fine...lets throw stats out the door.....No reason to have them

Exactly on the rolls eyes, Again I don't know who would replace him thats what I'm trying to get a feel for do we think he would be willing to restructure or would it be that hard to find an adequete replacement. Perhaps I'm missing something here about his play and he is truly worthy of being mentioned along with BBBRRRUUUUUCCCEEEEE.

We do have a really good backup in Denney, who's always done more with limited snaps than Kelsay has as a starter. We also drafted a pretty good pass rushing DE in the 3rd round...