Quick question about the game and Lane Kiffin

marauderswr80

Ok.........

Buffalo has the ball driving down the field to take the lead. There was roughly 2 minutes left, Raiders had 2 TO's left. When Buffalo was in field goal range why did the Raiders let the clock tick down? Why didnt they burn both TO's and try to keep some time on the clock? I mean, if anything make the other team atleast kick the ball off to you. What if you get the ball back with lets say 20 seconds, the Bills kickoff and you get a nice return, you might have 2 plays left to either get into fieldgoal range or atleast one attempt to get the ball into the endzone.......

I just dont understand why Lane Kiffin let the clock get all the way to 3 seconds and not burn the remainder of his TO's.

Ok.........

Buffalo has the ball driving down the field to take the lead. There was roughly 2 minutes left, Raiders had 2 TO's left. When Buffalo was in field goal range why did the Raiders let the clock tick down? Why didnt they burn both TO's and try to keep some time on the clock? I mean, if anything make the other team atleast kick the ball off to you. What if you get the ball back with lets say 20 seconds, the Bills kickoff and you get a nice return, you might have 2 plays left to either get into fieldgoal range or atleast one attempt to get the ball into the endzone.......

I just dont understand why Lane Kiffin let the clock get all the way to 3 seconds and not burn the remainder of his TO's.

I'm not being a smartass, but we have been discussing this. I agree, horrible coaching letting the clock run down like that. I think the Bills were surprised because once we got it to FG range we just ran the clock down. He should get fired just for that.

I'm not being a smartass, but we have been discussing this. I agree, horrible coaching letting the clock run down like that. I think the Bills were surprised because once we got it to FG range we just ran the clock down. He should get fired just for that.

Exactly! Baaaad coaching. What LK was hoping for is a miss. You can't do that... One has to be more proactive and attempt to put things into your own hands should the other team answer.

LK to his credit is a positive character... Only one jogging with his head up after the game... But, his coaching choices, IMO, were a direct contradiction.

Just my .02!