Non PI call reversal total FUBAR

ConradDobler

This is being discussed in other threads but not as a primary topic.

What the hell was anyone thinking on the Bills sideline...

(Bobby April? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE should have known)

Take that PI call and get up to the line of scrimmage and SNAP THE DAMNED BALL... JUST FALL ON IT FOR FU(KS SAKE!. You would have eliminated that challenge.

CHUCK KNOX GRASPED THIS CONCEPT.

QUESTIONABLE CALL THAT GOES YOUR WAY?

SNAP THE BALL!

The Bills milled around for 30+ seconds, like they were waiting for Kiffin to throw the red flag.

Stupid! We are lucky that setback didn't cost us the game.

Did I say stupid? Did I say that Chuck Friggen' Knox knew better than this? Did I say that Bobby April should have been humping Jaurons leg like a poodle to encourage the snap of the ball? Did I?

Bad form from the boys in charge.

This one is on Edwards as well, he had the best vantage point and as he continues to mature he will need to know to get the snap so this couldn't be challenged.

Well, 2nd year QB. It is on him, but it's not like he's #12 in 1991. Someone on the sidelines (or talking into his helmet) should have given him the "Firedrill" code to get the team up to the line pronto and SNAP THE DAMN BALL.

Are you kidding me? We're lucky that the fact the officials ended up getting it right didn't cost us? :flirt:

What play are you thinking of?

The one I'm talking about is the Raiders pass interference call that was reversed because the Bills DIDN'T SNAP THE DAMN BALL IN TIME.

We gave the Kiffin the time TO THROW HIS RED FLAG, WHICH WAS NOT IN OUR FAVOR.

WE HAD IT FIRST AND TEN IF WE HAD SNAPPED THE BALL. WE WAITED - HESITATED. THE PENALTY WAS OVERTURNED AND WE HAD IT THIRD AND SEVEN. IF THE BILLS DIDN'T CONVERT THAT THIRD AND SEVEN, WE WOULD HAVE TO PUNT.

Sorry for yelling, but this sticks in my craw. A truly sharp team (can you hear me, Mr April?) should be on this like white on rice.

I agree...it was painful watching that non play not happen. I was yelling at the screen for them to snap the ball. I guess the right call prevailed.

But what's up with that clear Evans reception that was ruled an INT despite replay? Ridiculous.

What play are you thinking of?

The one I'm talking about is the Raiders pass interference call that was reversed because the Bills DIDN'T SNAP THE DAMN BALL IN TIME.

We gave the Kiffin the time TO THROW HIS RED FLAG, WHICH WAS NOT IN OUR FAVOR.

WE HAD IT FIRST AND TEN IF WE HAD SNAPPED THE BALL. WE WAITED - HESITATED. THE PENALTY WAS OVERTURNED AND WE HAD IT THIRD AND SEVEN. IF THE BILLS DIDN'T CONVERT THAT THIRD AND SEVEN, WE WOULD HAVE TO PUNT.

Sorry for yelling, but this sticks in my craw. A truly sharp team (can you hear me, Mr April?) should be on this like white on rice.

Yeah, the penalty was overturned...BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG CALL. It's about time someone plays with integrity, and I'm glad to see the Bills made sure the Raiders had no excuses when they won the game.

This is being discussed in other threads but not as a primary topic.

What the hell was anyone thinking on the Bills sideline...

(Bobby April? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE should have known)

Take that PI call and get up to the line of scrimmage and SNAP THE DAMNED BALL... JUST FALL ON IT FOR FU(KS SAKE!. You would have eliminated that challenge.

CHUCK KNOX GRASPED THIS CONCEPT.

QUESTIONABLE CALL THAT GOES YOUR WAY?

SNAP THE BALL!

The Bills milled around for 30+ seconds, like they were waiting for Kiffin to throw the red flag.

Stupid! We are lucky that setback didn't cost us the game.

Did I say stupid? Did I say that Chuck Friggen' Knox knew better than this? Did I say that Bobby April should have been humping Jaurons leg like a poodle to encourage the snap of the ball? Did I?

Bad form from the boys in charge.

Yesterday there were plenty of the same head scratching coaching mistakes we've continually bitched about. Except we won, so no one cares.

Well, 2nd year QB. It is on him, but it's not like he's #12 in 1991. Someone on the sidelines (or talking into his helmet) should have given him the "Firedrill" code to get the team up to the line pronto and SNAP THE DAMN BALL.

It could be Peters fault like the weekly fumbles.

Yesterday there were plenty of the same head scratching coaching mistakes we've continually bitched about. Except we won, so no one cares.

It's not that no one cares, It's just that some people can pause to appreciate a win, no matter how ugly, while others still need to constantly find a reason to piss and moan. Yes, this team needs to improve. Yes, many mistakes were made in a pretty sloppy game. All teams make mistakes. Yesterday, this team overcame their deficiencies with a solid 4th quarter, and won as the clock expired. Geez, enjoy a win for a second.

Spot on. Turk should have been screaming to Trent to get up to the line and call a quick off-tackle run. Heck, even a QB sneak would have been fine.

This is been a disturbing trend with Jauron & his staff. He's gotta know that it's a controversial call that they were able to benefit from.

Spot on. Turk should have been screaming to Trent to get up to the line and call a quick off-tackle run. Heck, even a QB sneak would have been fine.

This is been a disturbing trend with Jauron & his staff. He's gotta know that it's a controversial call that they were able to benefit from.

A good portion of this is on the QB's shoulder, 1st year, 2nd year... it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure Edwards won't let it happen again.

i still don't understand why the officials stopped the play right before the bills were about to snap the ball........the raiders didn't challenge at that point but for some reason the whistle was blown......after the refs got together, the wound the clock again, the bills lined up to snap again, and THEN the raiders challenged

I agree...it was painful watching that non play not happen. I was yelling at the screen for them to snap the ball. I guess the right call prevailed.

But what's up with that clear Evans reception that was ruled an INT despite replay? Ridiculous.

I think it was the correct call..They both had possesion and he won the fight for the ball..Evans shoulda fought harder....

Trent was on the sideline tallking to Turk when the ref was explaining the call to Kiffin before the first delay..By the time trent got back and was ready it was too late..Trent shouldnt have been over to the sideline..Maybe he was called over by the coaching staff..We will never know so the fault is gonna be hard to pin it on anyone in particular other than to say the Bills screwed up a gift..Luckily it didnt matter we got the first down anyway...