I think we get shut out Sunday.

By going back to Henry as the starter, our offense has just went back to where it was against the Jags, Raiders, and Pats.

I think Henry gets less then 40 yards and we lose something like 13-0 or something like that.

They won't score much, but going back to Henry guarantees we score nothing against a dominate Baltimore defense.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills vs Ravens, with Lewis out for this game it comes down to defense vs defense.

Bills and Ravens offense has not be particularly inspiring.

Home team gives the Raven 3 points, that is enough for the Ravens to win a low scoring game.

Ravens 6 Bills 3

Baltimores defense is much better then Miami.  Their linebackers are superior as are their corners.  Their line is stout too.

I think if Willis started and got most of the carries we could muster 10 points, but without him I think we get shut out.

81365[/snapback]

Certainly rag on Henry all that you want. I think there will be two big problems potentially on Sunday:

1. The injury may be plantar fascitis and may well not be healed well enough for him to produce like he has the past two years (you do agree he has been productive the last two years, most Bills fans do) like he needs to see WM threatens his job. or might easily be reinjured if it has healed enough for him to play.

2. Like Willis so far and most RBs, his first carries can produce next to nothing, but if the HC/OC stick with the run past when faint hearts like Kevin Killdrive would give up on it and get all pass-happy, a runner can end up with a game total over 100 yaards rushing if you stick with him as TC correctly did with WM last week. TH may easily be supplanted for TD by TC without sticking with him.

Overall, I like most Bills fans hope that TH stays healthy AND proves to be as productive as he was last season. TH played like a tough cookie with injuries that seem could have easily had a less determined player bench himself. If TH is healthy, I hope he returs to his old form and if so that TC ignores us fans and sticks with TH.

The other issue I would raise with your prediction is that I hope it was merely a slap at TH (or it is to be hoped love for WM) and not some great show of faith in Baltimore's offense. Given Boller's issues so far this year, the absence of the running production of Lewis and the likely absence of Heap, I think it is quite likely that the Bills D will put 7 on the board or at least give us the ball close enough to get 3 or more. Your prediction seems quite unlikely.

How much better is the Ravens defense than Miami's? We could be the team doing the shutting out. We can kick Bollers ass!

Oh, I agree Willis should be the starting RB.

81361[/snapback]

Miami's D isn't htat good. they have allowed over 800 yards rushing in only 6 games.

Baltimore defensive rankings-

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL

CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD

90 169 946 5.60 5 6 152 517 3.40 3 1463

NFL rank ---> 9 14 5 5 8 10 17 8 3 11 3

The baltimore defense can definitly be run on. They're giving up 103.4 ypg on the ground. If we establish the run early and force the lb's to respect it. It might relax their agressivness a bit and force them to play honest opening the door for play action passes. I think a big key if we want to have sucess passing is getting tthe ball to cambell. I believe baltimore has given up 3 or 4 te scores in the past 3 games. I think blitz pickup will be key though. Max protect schmes and leaving a back in to help bledsoe get that extra second to progress his reads will be very important. This is why I worry about henry and see this as a loss if he's playing. Especially if he has plantar faciitis as has been reported. Henry is not known for his blitz pickup to begin with and anything other than a 100% healthy travis henry against the likes of terrell suggs or ray lewis bothers me. Mcgahee imo is better at blitz pickup, and also offers a better option out of the backfield. The thing that worries me the most about henry starting is his famous " swing pass lets tip it in the air" I just got a sickening vision of him doing this right into the hands of ed reed. If Henry is 100% healthy he should start. Anything less than that against this defense sit him.

On the other side of the ball. Baltimores offense

Team Offense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL

CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD

62 109 650 5.96 2 5 164 750 4.57 5 1400

NFL rank ---> 32 32 32 26 31 18 10 6 6 12 31

Boller is horrible Imo the worst qb in the entire nfl. I don't care he has "no weapons" boller has a million dollar arm and a 5 cent brain. He's horrible under pressure. Horrible when theres no pressure. Horrible at play action horrible throwing on the run, pretty much bad at everything is what I'm getting at. The Key to this is forcing boller into making mistakes which shouldn't be too hard. The ravens offense without jamal lewis is probably worse than miamis offense. If I'm gray I blitz as often as possible. Be agressive. Don't sit back and contain. Pressure force the ravens into 3rd and long and he'll fold like a cheap accordian.

My keys to the game

Blitz Pickup- Going to be big. We have to prove we can protect our qb. If we don't get the running game going we're in for a horrible day on offense. We can't afford to turn the ball over. Protect the football. Conservative smashmouth style long enough to where we can throw the deep ball later in the game

Lee Evans- We have to test deion sanders. Not early though they'll probably be expecting that, but during the course of the game test him. It could prove big.

Agressive defense- If we force Boller to win this game for the ravens instead of the ravens defense winning this game for him. The Bottomline will be a lot of happy Bills fans come Sunday. Force Boller to put the game on his shoulders and The Bills will win

Special teams- Thinking about the matchups in this game this will be big. Field position could be big seeing how I think this game will be decided by field position.

My Prediction- Bills 17-13

I look for our defense to force turnovers and possibly even giving us a touchdown, Our offense to be conservative and eat up the clock as much as possible, and play a game of field position. This is a winnable game, and a game that could possibly put us on the right track to the next level. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Agressive defense- If we force Boller to win this game for the ravens instead of the ravens defense winning this game for him. The Bottomline will be a lot of happy Bills fans come Sunday. Force Boller to put the game on his shoulders and The Bills will win

Boller under pressure no jamal lewis. Bills should win this.

By going back to Henry as the starter, our offense has just went back to where it was against the Jags, Raiders, and Pats.

I think Henry gets less then 40 yards and we lose something like 13-0 or something like that.

They won't score much, but going back to Henry guarantees we score nothing against a dominate Baltimore defense.

81353[/snapback]

I liked it better when you couldn't concentrate on football this week, ya seamhead.

Lee Evans- We have to test deion sanders. Not early though they'll probably be expecting that, but during the course of the game test him. It could prove big.

Speedy youth smokes past his "primetime" should have stayed in the booth veteran. Who do you think will win this battle? :devil:

GO LEE EVANS.

Ill take a solid 85 yards from Henry as long as there are no fumbles, blown assignments or intances of him tripping all over the place. He does any of the above and Mularkey has to sit him. Enough is enough. Henry is one ofthe most fundamentally inept players on this team. He can run...butthats it. And we all know that there is more to the RB position than just running, as silly as that sounds.

Henry is like the "Jeff George" of RBs. Hes got the ONE main quality for his position mastered, but NONE of the ancillary qualities that are also needed to be a true success in this league.

I think blitz pickup will be key though. Max protect schmes and leaving a back in to help bledsoe get that extra second to progress his reads will be very important.

Wise man. Key to game. It wouldn't hurt to double team Ray Lewis as well, but the Bills might have a hard time getting away with 14 guys on the field. My biggest concern is the inevitable Buffalo Brain Fart. The game could very well come down to mistakes, and who makes them. Baltimore D are also ball hogs. They will be going after Travis's little hands. Might be fun to see some Willis-Travis two back sets. Wouldn't really know for sure who is getting the ball, and Willis can block. Sure would be nice to have a prime time TE this game.

Have to watch Deion. From what I've seen of his play, the officials are letting him get away with absolute muggings in the secondary. As decent as Evans is looking, he'll have the savvy and the blind eye to throw his timing off often

First, BF I appreciate the attempt at posting something about football. I wish it weren't so Rudy-esque, but whatever. You made the effort.

The Bills have the ability to put points on the board against anyone provided they gameplan team-to-team and not generically for whomever shows up across the ball from us. Kansas City showed a fundamental flaw in Baltimore's defense, and if MM and the boys are smart they'll study that tape and work in some underneath and sideline passes, which had Ray Lewis and the LB corp huffin' and puffin' like the three fuggin' little pigs.

Everyone needs to stop thinking their D is indestructable. Granted, KC has a strong OL, but if the Ravens were so incredible, how did KC beat the living crap out of them...on PRIME TIME...in their own stadium, when they hadn't won a game all freakin' year!??!

Consider that KC, against Baltimore, finished with a 398-207 advantage in total net yards and held the ball for 39 minutes, 43 seconds. AND they kept pulling off Bills-like shoot-yourself-in-the-foot manuevers or it would have been even worse.

If KC can beat them at home WITH Lewis playing, so the hell can we WITHOUT Lewis playing.

Shut out. What a maroon.

First, BF I appreciate the attempt at posting something about football. I wish it weren't so Rudy-esque, but whatever. You made the effort.

The Bills have the ability to put points on the board against anyone provided they gameplan team-to-team and not generically for whomever shows up across the ball from us. Kansas City showed a fundamental flaw in Baltimore's defense, and if MM and the boys are smart they'll study that tape and work in some underneath and sideline passes, which had Ray Lewis and the LB corp huffin' and puffin' like the three fuggin' little pigs.

Everyone needs to stop thinking their D is indestructable. Granted, KC has a strong OL, but if the Ravens were so incredible, how did KC beat the living crap out of them...on PRIME TIME...in their own stadium, when they hadn't won a game all freakin' year!??!

Consider that KC, against Baltimore, finished with a 398-207 advantage in total net yards and held the ball for 39 minutes, 43 seconds. AND they kept pulling off Bills-like shoot-yourself-in-the-foot manuevers or it would have been even worse.

If KC can beat them at home WITH Lewis playing, so the hell can we WITHOUT Lewis playing.

Shut out. What a maroon.

81512[/snapback]

We just make too many mistakes on offense. Between Bledsoe, Henry, and Reed we have our own comedy of errors. Travis will miss the blitz pickup a few times this week and it will result in a turnover or two. There is a good chance he fumbles at least once with the Baltimore D trying to strip him (they are some of the best.)

We don't win this game and probably get shut out.

We just make too many mistakes on offense.  Between Bledsoe, Henry, and Reed we have our own comedy of errors.  Travis will miss the blitz pickup a few times this week and it will result in a turnover or two.  There is a good chance he fumbles at least once with the Baltimore D trying to strip him (they are some of the best.)

We don't win this game and probably get shut out.

81550[/snapback]

Just focus on your baseball team. No way the bills get shut out by this half ass ravens football team.

GO BILLS CRUSH THE BIRDS