Gus Frerotte replacing Tarvaris Jackson as starter

You're half right. Unfortunately, the law of averages as you pointed out might not be in favor of Jackson, however he deserves his shot, and I've watched maybe 7 or 8 of his pro games and he's shown more than promise, I can recall last season him beating the Giants who went on to do their thing. In that game he was like 80% passing and played a perfect game for their system. They've shied away from that this year and its not his fault, the system should be let AP do his thing, and then throw the ball to a possession receiver. He has the athleticism so accel tremendously.

Yeah but the problem with letting AP beat you is that teams do not fear the vikings pass game. Green Bay was stacking 8-9 guys in the box in the opener & Jackson still could not make them pay.

Are you going to regret giving up on a young qb too soon once in awhile? Sure, but like you even said the law of averages says you are probably not. If Jauron & Turk had some people's patience & desire to keep giving our young qb a chance Losman would still be the starter. I for one am glad he is not. Plus you got to remember, these guys see every practice & every drill & I think they have a pretty good idea if a qb gets it or is going to get it.

In the NFL you have to think about the present every single year. There will not be a future for Brad Childress if the Vikes do not start winning soon. Developing a QB for the "future" is always a dicey proposition unless they show signs of being a player from the start. I think TE would fit into that category. But Jackson certainly hasn't shown anything that would lead one to believe that he will ever be a player in this league.

The future is now for the Minnesota Vikings. Jackson may turn into a fine NFL QB, but he's not right now. Meanwhile, the Vikes have made some "now" moves by signing Berrian, AP, and Jared Allen. They can't afford to wait for a young developmental QB to mature.