Bob Sanders out 4-6 Weeks

The Dean

I posted this in another thread, but haven't seen it mentioned.

That can't be good for Indy, who looked like they were just starting to get back to near full-strength.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sport...hole_in_colts_d

Sanders is great, and plays hard. But he seems to miss chunks of the season, every year. He should be good for when they need him, though. Down the stretch and the playoffs.

I posted this in another thread, but haven't seen it mentioned.

That can't be good for Indy, who looked like they were just starting to get back to near full-strength.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sport...hole_in_colts_d

Sanders is great, and plays hard. But he seems to miss chunks of the season, every year. He should be good for when they need him, though. Down the stretch and the playoffs.

Wow that is a big blow. Sanders changes the whole complexion of the Indy defense.

I know this might sound crazy Deano, but I really think the Colts are going to have a tough time even making the playoffs this year. Their o-line is a shread of what it used to be, the D is hurting & Harrison looks like he is on his way out. Do not get me wrong, you could never count a team out that has Peyton Manning, but with that being said, I just do not think his supporting cast is there this year. We just maybe seeing the start of the fall of that team.

Wow that is a big blow. Sanders changes the whole complexion of the Indy defense.

I know this might sound crazy Deano, but I really think the Colts are going to have a tough time even making the playoffs this year. Their o-line is a shread of what it used to be, the D is hurting & Harrison looks like he is on his way out. Do not get me wrong, you could never count a team out that has Peyton Manning, but with that being said, I just do not think his supporting cast is there this year. We just maybe seeing the start of the fall of that team.

I suspect they will make the playoffs, but every team has to decline (at least a little) at some time. I agree they are likely beginning to ebb, same with the Pats*, but maybe not to the same degree (aside from the Brady thing).