This is why I questioned our running attack.......

marauderswr80

This was pulled from the Bills report card article:

C-Averaged only 2.9 yards a pop and didn’t have a run longer than 11 yards. That was Lynch’s 11-yard TD run, which was a terrific effort.

I still feel we need to improve on that factor. If we can get that average up thats only going to help the passing game. I know its only week 2, I understand that. I just want to see more holes open for Lynch & Jackson is all im saying.

C-Averaged only 2.9 yards a pop and didn’t have a run longer than 11 yards. That was Lynch’s 11-yard TD run, which was a terrific effort.

I still feel we need to improve on that factor. If we can get that average up thats only going to help the passing game. I know its only week 2, I understand that. I just want to see more holes open for Lynch & Jackson is all im saying.

You might be shocked to know that they just played two of the best in the league at stopping the run.

I personally don't think we have really stretched the field enough. Once we start throwing down the field a little more space will open for our backs to run. Also, the backs have been mighty productive catching passes out of the back field, so while our running stats may not be great our backs have been plenty productive. GO BILLS!!!

Yes we need to get better, yes we played against two teams who have a long history of stopping the run.

No we don't need to worry too much and here's why: I honestly don't believe the coaching staff fully knows how good this O is yet. In fact, if you watch the DJ interview on BB.com, he says that. They are taking the exactly correct position, IMO, though. There's no need to demand incredible plays from the O just yet. You build confidence in young players one play at a time, string them together, then string series/games together.

In fact, the entire O so far has been about NOT giving up the sack/fumble that happened yesterday. So, the coaches had to jump ahead on their "one day at a time schedule", and the O was able to respond.

It appears that how they are handling James Hardy is exactly how they are handling the offense as a whole. Slow, but steady, progress. We have some teams coming up, and I would include the Chargers in that, that are nowhere near as good at stopping the run as the two teams we just played. So, as frustrating as it is for us fans, because most of know now that we can be really good if DJ, TS, etc. would take the leash off, we will just have to be patient. :thumbsup:

It was the Jaguars Offense that was banged up, NOT their defense. Considering no 3rd QTR play Lynch still had 59 yards in a shared duty.