Did anyone feel like our D-Line was constantly being held?

ACor58

They were obviously giving the Jags a chance to win today. For years now, the referees in the NFL have been getting paid off to make games more "competitive", ie: less people turning the game off because it's a blowout, and thus having everyone viewing the entire batch of commercials. It's all about money now. Last year's NFL/Patriots scandal proved it to me. Nothing they do anymore surprises me.

I was so pissed at one point that holding wasn't called on the Jags, that I jumped out of my chair and spilled my beer all over the people sitting next to me at the bar.

:wallbash:

I think Jacksonville benefited from some hometown non-calls.

Golden Wheels, I think that have been me you spilled on. Were you standing by the corner of the bar near the windows? No worries as long as the bills won.

I saw Stround get tackled on two occasions and the play where McCargo made good penetration, he was help pretty badly.

There were a few others, but those three definitely stood out.

No but it was painfully obvious that the D-line must've ate a huge vat of extra buttery popcorn before kickoff. They missed so many sacks and other tackles. :wallbash:

McCargo was held brutally one that one play. Textbook hold and it wasn't called right in front of the ref.

Yeah, I saw that. He was held for like two, three second FROM BEHIND. I was so mad. They wouldn't let go of him and his jersey. I know they say you can call holding on every play, but the hold on McCargo was ridiculous. I was fuming.

Yeah, I saw that. He was held for like two, three second FROM BEHIND. I was so mad. They wouldn't let go of him and his jersey. I know they say you can call holding on every play, but the hold on McCargo was ridiculous. I was fuming.

Completely agree. The ref must have thought he deployed a teal colored parachute to slow down on his way to the QB. And that was on the JAX scoring drive. That would likely have killed their momentum, the way the relatively weak hold on Butler killed our second drive after our opening TD. That one had me fuming. I do, however, think that the officiating in the game was decent, with the exception of the holding calls. Yet, as Bills fans, isn't that something we should take for granted at this point? This has been going on for years, and we've been complaining for years. Just take it for granted that we are going to be on the receiving end of some non-calls every game and that we'll have to overcome that.