Wake up the Echoes!

bartshan-83

Hahaha...just kidding. :bag: Although it does make me feel a lot better about the disgrace that was last week's nail-biter vs. the worst team in 1-A football.

It was a sloppy game and Michigan simply could not take care of the football. 7 fumbles?? 6 TOs?? Ugly all around. ND has some impressive big play guys on both sides of the ball and I'm continually impressed with Clausen's development.

I will say this for Michigan, their offense is farther along than I thought it would be. McGuffie just might be one of my favorite players in college football (and that is tough for me to give to a Wolverine :thumbsup: ). What a tough dude he is! And helluva runner. Threet has a great arm too...he was putting balls in the tightest spots.

Side note - I hate USC so much...like just as much as Michigan. But I really wouldn't mind seeing Taylor Mays or Rey Maualuga smack Pryor around a bit. I don't know what it is about this dude, by I really don't like him. Kid is running his mouth after 9 yd. runs when his team is down 14-3. Even his teammates said he was a cocky fck when he showed up.

Hahaha...just kidding. :( Although it does make me feel a lot better about the disgrace that was last week's nail-biter vs. the worst team in 1-A football.

It was a sloppy game and Michigan simply could not take care of the football. 7 fumbles?? 6 TOs?? Ugly all around. ND has some impressive big play guys on both sides of the ball and I'm continually impressed with Clausen's development.

I will say this for Michigan, their offense is farther along than I thought it would be. McGuffie just might be one of my favorite players in college football (and that is tough for me to give to a Wolverine ;) ). What a tough dude he is! And helluva runner. Threet has a great arm too...he was putting balls in the tightest spots.

Side note - I hate USC so much...like just as much as Michigan. But I really wouldn't mind seeing Taylor Mays or Rey Maualuga smack Pryor around a bit. I don't know what it is about this dude, by I really don't like him. Kid is running his mouth after 9 yd. runs when his team is down 14-3. Even his teammates said he was a cocky fck when he showed up.

Laugh all you want, but "that school" has some talent. They are certainly on their way. Another solid class or two and they'll be back in the mix.

That said, Clausen still doesn't look like 'the one' to me. He's not awful, but he's not going to revolutionize college football, either.

Laugh all you want, but "that school" has some talent. They are certainly on their way. Another solid class or two and they'll be back in the mix.

That said, Clausen still doesn't look like 'the one' to me. He's not awful, but he's not going to revolutionize college football, either.

Oh no doubt. This team has the most talent since Lou's squads in the late 80s-early 90s. They had the #1 recruiting class last year and all signs point to good things so far with 2009. The talent is there, and it keeps coming in. The question is, can Charlie mold it into a winner? So far...undetermined. But I'm very optimistic.

Clausen is on his way. He's no Peyton Manning, but he's ahead of where Brady Quinn was at this point in their careers. I expect him to finish better as well.

Oh no doubt. This team has the most talent since Lou's squads in the late 80s-early 90s. They had the #1 recruiting class last year and all signs point to good things so far with 2009. The talent is there, and it keeps coming in. The question is, can Charlie mold it into a winner? So far...undetermined. But I'm very optimistic.

Clausen is on his way. He's no Peyton Manning, but he's ahead of where Brady Quinn was at this point in their careers. I expect him to finish better as well.

Well, "that school" brought a very good class, for sure, but having seen the 'Bama freshmen for myself, I'd say their class is the best.

Clausen? I'll just say I'm not impressed so far. We'll see what happens over the course of the season. They certainly have more talent than last year's squad, so based on that fact and the toughness of their schedule, they should get 8 or 9 wins @ the least. More would be better.

Let's not forget that Brady Quinn didn't look like much his first 2 seasons either. It was his Junior season that established him as the one that would become the most prolific passer in ND history. This is only the kid's second year and it's his first with some form of blocking. One thing I have noticed is that his arm strength is still not where it was before the elbow injury. The kid had a Jamarcus Russell arm before the injury, but it's not there now. He still has the potential to be good, but I don't see him being as good as Brady Quinn was.

Clausen was grossly overrated coming out of highschool. Unless he is well coached and surrounded by a wealth of talent, he looks awfully average. (see ken dorsey)

Worthless stats i found on the internet...

In the first 10 Starts between the 2.

Clausen record is 4-8, Quinns record was 4-8

Clausen completed 57%, Quinn 49%

Clausen had 149 yards per game, Quinn had 195

Clausen has 10 TD's and 8 Int's and Quinn had 9 TD and 14 Int's.

• 4 weeks later...
Let's not forget that Brady Quinn didn't look like much his first 2 seasons either. It was his Junior season that established him as the one that would become the most prolific passer in ND history. This is only the kid's second year and it's his first with some form of blocking. One thing I have noticed is that his arm strength is still not where it was before the elbow injury. The kid had a Jamarcus Russell arm before the injury, but it's not there now. He still has the potential to be good, but I don't see him being as good as Brady Quinn was.

OK, I'd like to tell you that my size 10 NIKE's do not taste well(after I put my foot in my mouth). Watching Jimmy Clausen (So.) over the last 3 games has made a believer out of me. The guy is making all the throws, most of the right decisions, and showing a growing maturity at the QB position game by game. Barring injury, this kid will break every ND passing record known to man. It also helps when you have young talent around you like Golden Tate (So.), Armando Allen (So.), Robert Hughes (So.), Michael Floyd (Fr.), Duval Kamara (So.), Kyle Rudolph (Fr.). We are not a title contender this season. But for the next 2 after this year ATLEAST , Notre Dame will be in the mix as a contender for a BCS title. Somebody needs to send Mark May some towels and Puffs tissues so he can be stocked up for the next two years for all of his crying that will be going on, "Notre Dame shouldn't be mentioned with blahzay, blahzay........., Notre Dame isn't that good......, Notre Dame's overrated...... :thumbdown: , :thumbsup: , :angry: ." ND is definitely on the rise.

ND is definitely on the rise.

Where else were they going to go, coming off the worst season in their history???

I realize we could play the six degrees of separation (Stanford beat Oregon St, Oregon St beat USC, ND beat Standford, therefore ND is better than USC!!!) but that's just ridiculous. They have had one true test this year, Michigan State, and they looked like they didn't belong. And nobody is penciling in the Spartans for the Rose Bowl.

You can't dispute that Weis has brought in some nice young talent. But let's see him achieve a "big win" that is something other than a close home loss to a ranked team before we start talking '09 national champs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.