Have any of you used NFL.com Game Pass?

Whites Bay

Hey all. Thanks to those who tried to set me up with a sports bar in Berlin. If anyone's interested, the "Playoff" sports bar in the Arkade on Alte Potsdammerstrasse in the Potsdammerplatz carries NASN. That's the good news. The bad news is that NASN's only games tomorrow are (1) Colts/Vikes and (2) Favres/ACLs. Neither of which do ME a lot of good.

Justintv is showing an apologetic blurb something to the effect that "The NFL is going to put me in a hot, bamboo-lined box if I don't stop infringing on their trademarks."

Stoogetv seems to be focused on the NBA, on which I gave up once I left Salt Lake City.

To that end, it looks like I'm going to be purchasing "Game Pass" from NFL.com. As best I can understand the website, it's going to cost me $20 (okay, $19.99, but I'm in marketing and understand the $0.01) to watch the game. I can handle that.

What I want to know is whether any of you have used Game Pass, and what do you think? It seems like it's as easy as "Plug in my Visa Card and give you all my credit information and rights to my next-born and you get to watch a grainy game on your laptop in a hotel room in Germany like any other loser who has no life while in Berlin".

Or something like that.

Who's used this service, and what has been your experience?

Great question.

I'm wondering the same thing for down here in NZ.

Hey Kiwi. For the Philistines on this board, let me be the first to say that there is some AMAZING Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir coming out of the South Island. It isn't all restricted to the Marlborough Sound. Serious stuff.

Of course, that doesn't get us any closer to the Bills game in 18 hours and 42 minutes, but it DOES numb the pain of missing it.

I live just outside of London UK.

Used HD Gamepass last week for the first time, although watched several games on standard Gamepass last year.

HD has great picture quality albeit I had my PC hooked up to a 24" widescreen TV.

Only 1 problem in that the last 5 minutes was blacked out (usually that would be a major problem for a Bills game but last week we were just killing the clock). Hopefully just a week 1 glitch.

Good luck. I would recommend HD.

Otherwise you can normally find a radio station with live coverage via the internet.

I live just outside of London UK.

Used HD Gamepass last week for the first time, although watched several games on standard Gamepass last year.

HD has great picture quality albeit I had my PC hooked up to a 24" widescreen TV.

Only 1 problem in that the last 5 minutes was blacked out (usually that would be a major problem for a Bills game but last week we were just killing the clock). Hopefully just a week 1 glitch.

Good luck. I would recommend HD.

Otherwise you can normally find a radio station with live coverage via the internet.

Cool. Thanks, Peter. So, that's all it takes? Just plugging the Visa card into the box and it works? I'd love HD, and might spend the extra bucks, but I'm just watching it on a laptop, and the extra resolution would likely be lost on this piece-of-crap screen.

So....that's it? Just let 'er rip?

Suggest you try out the test HD stream first to see what it looks like on your laptop before you sign up and part with your money !

Shame you can't connect your laptop to the TV screen at the hotel.

I feel so inadequate.

Hey Kiwi. For the Philistines on this board, let me be the first to say that there is some AMAZING Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir coming out of the South Island. It isn't all restricted to the Marlborough Sound. Serious stuff.

Of course, that doesn't get us any closer to the Bills game in 18 hours and 42 minutes, but it DOES numb the pain of missing it.

I have had some great Sauv Blanc from NZ, much better than the Australian wine, IMO There is a SB from NZ called "Steely Dan". I'd love to try that.

Regarding Stooge, they delivered a fine feed of the Bills, last week, but they are changing the way they link to most of the NFL games. You have to keep your eye on the chat room, as they will post a link to the game. The link is only good for 20 seconds, so if you don't click on time, you will have to post and ask for a new link. I think they are trying to get away from listing the games in the channels.

I fear they, like justin, will get the NFL pressure and stop, at some point. I also expect another site to pick up where they leave off.

I have had some great Sauv Blanc from NZ, much better than the Australian wine, IMO There is a SB from NZ called "Steely Dan". I'd love to try that.

Regarding Stooge, they delivered a fine feed of the Bills, last week, but they are changing the way they link to most of the NFL games. You have to keep your eye on the chat room, as they will post a link to the game. The link is only good for 20 seconds, so if you don't click on time, you will have to post and ask for a new link. I think they are trying to get away from listing the games in the channels.

I fear they, like justin, will get the NFL pressure and stop, at some point. I also expect another site to pick up where they leave off.

As for New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, my recommendations burst forthwith as regards anything by Daniel Schuster. If we ever get together face-to-face, I'd love to relate a tale involving an Aussie friend of mine and a wine tour in the South Island. Schuster's "Mt. Nelson" Sauvignon Blanc is beyond "memorable". It's truly a signature wine for that grape. I know it's probably out of vogue to get hot and bothered about Sauvignon Blanc, but let's face it - there's always a "Best". Schuster's is the "Best".

Went with the GamePass HD for $24.99. Screw it. If I can find a way that I can get "off-line" streaming with little difficulty, I'd do it. I just ran out of time. If the Bills had lost, I'd be REALLY pissed at forking over the cash. (That's a note to the NFL trolls who are checking these threads - don't think you've won yet.).

What a win. Time for bed here in Berlin. Next week is back at the lake, under normal circumstances.