The Heat in Jax

scribo

The forecast down there is for about 93 degree at kickoff, which would be a Jaguars team record.

Their fans are counting on this to wilt the Bills, but I think they'll be OK. Stroud played down there for years, so he should know how to deal with it and tell his new teammates how to deal with it. Plus, a ton of our players are from the south or southwest, so they are use to it already.

But Jack Del Rio has this whole mindset he imposes on his team that to be tough, they have to act tough. So the Jags will be wearig their teal jerseys Sunday, allowing the Bills to wear the cooler white jerseys, according to Jacksonville radio.

For at least some games last year, Del Rio wouldn't let his team use the sideline "cool zone" machines. They were the ones who wilted in a loss to Indy.

I hope De Rio has more of the same for the Jags, but either way, the Bills need to be ready for 100+ degrees on the field.

The problem is that the body gets acclimated to the climate you are in. Regardless if someone is from a warm climate or not, when they have been in weather that has been in the low 70's for most of the last month, the body is going to be shocked playing in low 90's heat and humidity---there is just no way around it. That being said, staying properly hydrated and making good use of the "cool zones" are ways to help out...

Let me just say, I live south of Jax and on the beach, so it's usually cooler where I am. It was freaking HOT today. Right now (5:30 pm) it's "only"84, but according to weather.com, it feels like 94 (heat index). I'm guessing the heat index will top 100, on Sunday.

Practicing in the heat is one thing. It's hard, but they take many breaks, force a LOT of fluid on the players, etc. A game is totally different, IMO. While I don't think the Bills will wilt, it is probably tougher for them than it will be for the experienced Jags (just as it is probably tougher on a team from the south to play in Buffalo in the cold weather).

Thank you for providing a voice of reason.

The last time we played in Jax - 2003 - it was brutal sitting in the stadium that day. Very little breeze, no clouds in the sky, and it was *only* 88 (and that was at the airport. IIRC on the field the temps were right around 100.)

The heat could very well play a factor, if our guys don't take it seriously and prepare for it.

Let me just say, I live south of Jax and on the beach, so it's usually cooler where I am. It was freaking HOT today. Right now (5:30 pm) it's "only"84, but according to weather.com, it feels like 94 (heat index). I'm guessing the heat index will top 100, on Sunday.

Practicing in the heat is one thing. It's hard, but they take many breaks, force a LOT of fluid on the players, etc. A game is totally different, IMO. While I don't think the Bills will wilt, it is probably tougher for them than it will be for the experienced Jags (just as it is probably tougher on a team from the south to play in Buffalo in the cold weather).

I read yesterday a heat index of 106 for Sunday.Where I live now,near Augusta.Ga, it gets like that a lot and being used to it it stills wears you out.The humidity is what takes it toll.So I believe both teams will feel the effect .