What does Europe teach us? They face an even bigger problem. Part 2

WendyGirl33

They're respectable, wealthy, well-raised and educated. They know history, speak different languages and travel. They hold high posts at banks, financial corporations and law offices. These are the new European nationalists

A short description of our first installment: Ethnic battles are erupting in the heart of the EU. Belgium’s Flemings and Walloons are fighting among themselves and hoping to split the country in two. At the same time, Arab emigrants are fleeing to Belgium en masse. Will Belgium face another Kosovo scenario?

“The most popular child’s name in Brussels and Antwerp is ‘Mohammed,’” said Mia Doornaert, diplomatic editor at the Flemish paper Standaard. “I don’t have anything against emigrants if they’re willing to work and integrate into the local community. But that’s not what’s happening. We’re being forced to feed them. Arab emigrants hide from the police in our churches, which in turn refuse to kick them out. That’s just how things are here. Why don’t they go and hide in their mosques? And it’s impossible to print even one word about emigrants in the press without being called a racist.”

“It’s hard to imagine that Belgian residents are ready to mix their ancient Christian blood with the Arabs,” I said emotionally. “And your nation’s heroes commanded the first and only successful Crusade and freed Jerusalem!”

It turned out my passion was contagious. “You’re absolutely right!” she said. “Europe shouldn’t forget about its Christian history. I think the EU made an unforgivable mistake by removing the clause about our Christian roots in the Constitution. I always respected Pope John Paul II. He was a good person, but why did he decide to apologize for the Crusades! The Muslims started conquering our Christian shrines first. They captured Jerusalem and Constantinople — a large Christian center. Europe didn’t receive any apology from the Muslims for seizing our shrines. Why should the Christians feel guilty? In a global world where borders between peoples are being removed, it’s important for people to know where they came from and where they are going. People need an identity. I’m Flemish and I’m proud of my people’s history. The Walloons call our national feelings ‘folklore.’ But it’s not folklore. It’s our sense of self.”

[...]

Read on:

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/200...problem-part-2/

They're respectable, wealthy, well-raised and educated. They know history, speak different languages and travel. They hold high posts at banks, financial corporations and law offices. These are the new European nationalists

A short description of our first installment: Ethnic battles are erupting in the heart of the EU. Belgium’s Flemings and Walloons are fighting among themselves and hoping to split the country in two. At the same time, Arab emigrants are fleeing to Belgium en masse. Will Belgium face another Kosovo scenario?

“The most popular child’s name in Brussels and Antwerp is ‘Mohammed,’” said Mia Doornaert, diplomatic editor at the Flemish paper Standaard. “I don’t have anything against emigrants if they’re willing to work and integrate into the local community. But that’s not what’s happening. We’re being forced to feed them. Arab emigrants hide from the police in our churches, which in turn refuse to kick them out. That’s just how things are here. Why don’t they go and hide in their mosques? And it’s impossible to print even one word about emigrants in the press without being called a racist.”

“It’s hard to imagine that Belgian residents are ready to mix their ancient Christian blood with the Arabs,” I said emotionally. “And your nation’s heroes commanded the first and only successful Crusade and freed Jerusalem!”

It turned out my passion was contagious. “You’re absolutely right!” she said. “Europe shouldn’t forget about its Christian history. I think the EU made an unforgivable mistake by removing the clause about our Christian roots in the Constitution. I always respected Pope John Paul II. He was a good person, but why did he decide to apologize for the Crusades! The Muslims started conquering our Christian shrines first. They captured Jerusalem and Constantinople — a large Christian center. Europe didn’t receive any apology from the Muslims for seizing our shrines. Why should the Christians feel guilty? In a global world where borders between peoples are being removed, it’s important for people to know where they came from and where they are going. People need an identity. I’m Flemish and I’m proud of my people’s history. The Walloons call our national feelings ‘folklore.’ But it’s not folklore. It’s our sense of self.”

[...]

Read on:

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/200...problem-part-2/

Cool they interviewed a belgian (well flemish in fact) racist... don't know what it is supposed to "teach" the US... that we have stupid ignorant xenophobic racists here too? Nothing new.

Cool they interviewed a belgian (well flemish in fact) racist... don't know what it is supposed to "teach" the US... that we have stupid ignorant xenophobic racists here too? Nothing new.

Xenophobic racists for talking about facts about what's happening to France and Europe? Sure buddy, keep drinking the kool-aid. Europe doesn't have a future and all projections fiscally and demographically show it. But that's coming from a xenophobic racist because I use facts.

Labels are wonderful when you don't want to talk about reality. N'est pas?

Xenophobic racists for talking about facts about what's happening to France and Europe? Sure buddy, keep drinking the kool-aid. Europe doesn't have a future and all projections fiscally and demographically show it. But that's coming from a xenophobic racist because I use facts.

Labels are wonderful when you don't want to talk about reality. N'est pas?

what reality are you talking about?

that "Europe doesn't have a future and all projections fiscally and demographically show it" ? Believe it or not i agree with that!

But i don't know what is the link between that and the xenophobic scary blabla of that belgian!! (by the way if Belgium , Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and most northern European countries want to have a demographic future they need to welcome MORE immigrants)

Read "While Europe Slept" and come back and post again. For those of you thinking it was written by a Right "Wingut" you'll be suprised. It's actually written by a left leaning, homosexual ex-pat and offers a chilling insight about what has happened to our European Allies. Not encouraging...

Read "While Europe Slept" and come back and post again. For those of you thinking it was written by a Right "Wingut" you'll be suprised. It's actually written by a left leaning, homosexual ex-pat and offers a chilling insight about what has happened to our European Allies. Not encouraging...

Ain't you all (american conservatives) tired of the demonization of islam? After 7 years of it are you really happy with the results?!!!

I'm fed up with your constant mix of religion and politics, bigotry and economics, race and demography.

I'm fed up with your intolerance that is just feeding the intolerance of your islamic "ennemies". You're about as stupid as them!!! If not more because you have not the excuse of poverty and lack of education!

Sometimes i am myself becoming Intolerant, there's days i'd like to organize massive burns of Corans and Bibles! With a couple of you guys and your barbed counterparts in the middle of the fire!

A little testy today aren't we Oliver? I don't know why you're so upset...its not like I drew a cartoon of Muhammed with a bomb on his head or anything... :thumbsup:

you know why i'm upset? Because yesterday like all americans and their friends i have thought about 9/11 once again. I've thought about the state of our World and i have hoped that it may change. And it has not. It has not and after 7 years i still see lot of people who have not understood a single thing, people who have been wrong for 7 years in a row and are still spitting the same b...s... . People who are using religions of love for works of hatred. May all those people be damned by Jesus and Mahomet! All i know is that those two are probably sharing the same beer upstairs and gave up on any chance to change those little stupid worms downstairs!

All i know is that those two are probably sharing the same beer upstairs and gave up on any chance to change those little stupid worms downstairs!

Doubtful.

If there is some kind of afterlife that rewards good behavior, Mohamed surely is not there. He ordered assassinations and in general was a pretty violent person.

You can say what you want about the ability to separate his message from his actions, but long story short, dude was a murderous prick.

you know why i'm upset? Because yesterday like all americans and their friends i have thought about 9/11 once again. I've thought about the state of our World and i have hoped that it may change. And it has not. It has not and after 7 years i still see lot of people who have not understood a single thing, people who have been wrong for 7 years in a row and are still spitting the same b...s... . People who are using religions of love for works of hatred. May all those people be damned by Jesus and Mahomet! All i know is that those two are probably sharing the same beer upstairs and gave up on any chance to change those little stupid worms downstairs!

The childness and hate filled public debates we have are very frustrating. Imagine what it was like for the Enlightenment philosophers who tried to explain that even the peasants could be educated, or the abolitionists that said blacks could be our equal or the feminists pushing for their rights. Seven years isn't too long, especially with all the violence and such.

Doubtful.

If there is some kind of afterlife that rewards good behavior, Mohamed surely is not there. He ordered assassinations and in general was a pretty violent person.

You can say what you want about the ability to separate his message from his actions, but long story short, dude was a murderous prick.

well he was a lord of war as the chief of a tribe... something like a small town major while Jesus was more like a community organizer!! That does not mean they can not share a beer! (even if Mahomet should have an untasty alcohool-free one!)

Ain't you all (american conservatives) tired of the demonization of islam? After 7 years of it are you really happy with the results?!!!

I'm fed up with your constant mix of religion and politics, bigotry and economics, race and demography.

I'm fed up with your intolerance that is just feeding the intolerance of your islamic "ennemies". You're about as stupid as them!!! If not more because you have not the excuse of poverty and lack of education!

Sometimes i am myself becoming Intolerant, there's days i'd like to organize massive burns of Corans and Bibles! With a couple of you guys and your barbed counterparts in the middle of the fire!

Settle down Francis. :thumbsup:

Here is the dialog from Stripes. They are introducing themselves to each other in the barracks at the start of basic training:

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

Back to the topic-

Maybe if the rest of Europe also helped us fight the war on terror there wouldn't have been attacks in London and Madrid. From here it looks like most of Europe's response is to stick their head in the sand and hope it goes away.

Maybe if the rest of Europe also helped us fight the war on terror there wouldn't have been attacks in London and Madrid. From here it looks like most of Europe's response is to stick their head in the sand and hope it goes away.

We help you fight the war on terror Wacka, 10 french soldiers died two weeks ago in Afghanistan...

Now if you're dumb enough to think that's what you do in Irak....