A.Winfield

Marv Levy

Missed tackles, blown coverage that woulda resulted in a GB Touchdown except for the penalty. Point is, I don't miss Antoine one bit. He looked slow out there. Isn't he one of the highest paid$$ corners in the league??

OVERRATED!!! :lol:

:lol: Dude... the guy is over 30 years old. We drafted him 10 freakin' years ago.

I think he demonstrated when he walked a way from the deal he had agreed to (with NYJ I think) to instead take the lucrative mega offer from the Vikes that Winfield. Clearly he had every legal "right" to walk away from a deal he had only agreed to in principle (not a problem when you have limited principles).

Like other human being age seems to have lessened Winfield's game. This is not surprising as when he played great ball for us, his game was based on his being a punishing hitter despite his small body and over time those great hits almost certainly took a toll on his production.

However, like Nate Clements he signed a deal worth far more than his production and stretching well beyond his best playing days.

For us Bills fans who now are sitting on what appears to be a plethora of CB talent (McGee looked like the shutdown CB yesterday his youth hinted at, Greer appears somewhat overmatched as a starter, but ALL CBs get burned from time to time and it is not unreasonable to look for adequate #2 CB play from him, Youbouty is now showing the productivity which made him a 1st day choice, McKelvin clearly shows KR chops that are those of a player who can contribute, but like CB where his college play earned him an elite (top 10 choices IMHO) on both ST and CB the folks ahead of him may reasonably restrict his PT.

Add to that the mutant talents shown by Corner and not resigning CBs is looking like a pretty good strategy.

Yet it doesn't seem like 10 years ago, does it?

You're right, it seems like 15 years ago.

Yes, Winfield and Phat Pat finally looked as if it was good they weren't Bills any more. Of course, it took how many years before this? The bottom-line won't change, they both had solid careers after TD let them walk.