What was that about the O-Line?

ax4782

Looking at the numbers, and watching the game and a replay when I got home, the Bills O-Line was outstanding against a very good Seattle D. The one sack they gave up was more on Trent as the line gave him all day to throw and he just didn't get rid of the ball. And for those Langston Walker haters out there, I hope all that crow you're surely eating right now is sating your collective appetites. He dominated a top-10 pass rusher to essentially ineffectiveness. Marshawn had holes and Trent had all day to throw. We are only going to get better with Peters coming back next week. If the line continues to play like this along with solid performances like we saw from the O and the D, Buffalo could reach that 10-6 mark. Sure it was only one game, but the team hasn't looked this good in a long time. Here's to a great opening day to the season.

Yah I was surprised the protection didn't miss a beat.

I guess I didn't think as highly of the run blocking as others. The draw play for a TD was nice but that 3rd&long trickery (which everyone would hate if it didn't work) was executed well in week 1 last year too. It wasn't like we knocked anyone off the ball.

Yeah. Props to Chambers. We were all worried. He did allow that one Kerney sack, which pissed me off. But that was early. Trent had good protection today against a good defence. Bravo!

Good post. I thought Chambers did a good job too. We now know we have a servicable back-up to Walker when Peters returns to LT.

Looking at the numbers, and watching the game and a replay when I got home, the Bills O-Line was outstanding against a very good Seattle D. The one sack they gave up was more on Trent as the line gave him all day to throw and he just didn't get rid of the ball. And for those Langston Walker haters out there, I hope all that crow you're surely eating right now is sating your collective appetites. He dominated a top-10 pass rusher to essentially ineffectiveness. Marshawn had holes and Trent had all day to throw. We are only going to get better with Peters coming back next week. If the line continues to play like this along with solid performances like we saw from the O and the D, Buffalo could reach that 10-6 mark. Sure it was only one game, but the team hasn't looked this good in a long time. Here's to a great opening day to the season.

Pass blocking has never been a problem since last year. Pretty solid unit as far as that's concerned.

Run blocking has been rather inconsistent... I still worry about how the team will close out a close game with shoddy run blocking.

Good first game though :devil:

Looks like we have good tackle depth when peters comes back.... contrary to what certain posters have said.

Perhaps the Bills FO had better knowledge of the OLmen on the roster than the fans did and that is why they didn't draft an OLman till the 7th round. A bit like in the 06 draft when we apparently ignored the OT position(with fans clamouring for a first round LT selection) only to find Peters blossom into a probowler in 07.

I tend to think that some fans have gotten so used to us stuffing virtually everything up that they are unable to trust in the FO at all. Since 06 there have been far more good personnel decisions made than bad ones.

Go Bills!!!!

Pass blocking has never been a problem since last year. Pretty solid unit as far as that's concerned.

Run blocking has been rather inconsistent... I still worry about how the team will close out a close game with shoddy run blocking.

Good first game though :wallbash:

agreed. I think the run blocking is marginal at best. Our pass blocking is top notch though. I love the schemes.