Bills - S'hawks game announcers

BuffaloBud

I see a wide difference between college game announcers - and their level of preparation - and the general run of juvenile, ill-informed behavior that many NFL game announcers exhibit.

I'm also amazed that anyone gives a rat's patoot about what NFL announcers - or pundits - utter. It's show biz.

Gus Johnson is by far the best on cbs. Always love watching that roscoe punt return highlight , "watch out, bang, roscoe, td buffalo, NO FLAGS.

Buck is the best on fox but i highly doubt we will have him for the san fran game.

Gus Johnson is by far the best on cbs. Always love watching that roscoe punt return highlight , "watch out, bang, roscoe, td buffalo, NO FLAGS.

Buck is the best on fox but i highly doubt we will have him for the san fran game.

Imagine how good he'd be if he had a color commentary guy.

Imagine how good he'd be if he had a color commentary guy.

You don't like Aikman? I think Buck and Aikman do a good job, so far as NFL yakkers go. Aikman is less chatty that Madden, but both of those two lend insight on strategy and game trends.

IMO, Buck/Aikman are decent - at least for NFL announcing - at stopping their chatting and noting what's happening on the field.

You don't like Aikman? I think Buck and Aikman do a good job, so far as NFL yakkers go. Aikman is less chatty that Madden, but both of those two lend insight on strategy and game trends.

IMO, Buck/Aikman are decent - at least for NFL announcing - at stopping their chatting and noting what's happening on the field.

I know that announcers chatting about inane things has been mentioned in a couple of posts, and it drives me nuts too. But I don't find him particularly enlightening.

I'm not too proud to admit that his career as a Cowboy probably doesn't help much (see: Super Bowls XXVII and IIXXX), but I'm not sure I've noticed the insights to which you refer. That said, I don't watch him enough to speak unequivocally and definitively on his progress as an announcer.

But that's just me, and as you know, there's no accounting for taste. :thumbsup:

Aikman has had one too many concussions to may any clear and succinct arguments. Besides, he is too much of a homer to do Cowboys games. Now one may argue that this is the reputation he must uphold as one of the Cowboys all-time greats, but look at Steve Tasker. The guy wears the Buffalo Bills and the City on his sleeve, except on game days.

I know that announcers chatting about inane things has been mentioned in a couple of posts, and it drives me nuts too. But I don't find him particularly enlightening.

I'm not too proud to admit that his career as a Cowboy probably doesn't help much (see: Super Bowls XXVII and IIXXX), but I'm not sure I've noticed the insights to which you refer. That said, I don't watch him enough to speak unequivocally and definitively on his progress as an announcer.

But that's just me, and as you know, there's no accounting for taste. :wallbash:

:thumbsup:

I do think that college announcers do a better job, and that they are better prepared.

I generally turn down the volume on most NFL telecasts, though, sooner or later.