Miami Dolphins . . . Media Darlings

Usually it's John (the Crypt Keeper) Clayton that's stroking the Phin's, but this year it's Peter King!

From today's MMQBTE

I'm boring, I'm bland, I'm predictable.

What, another Warren Sapp rant?

No, my Super Bowl prediction: New England 30, Dallas 20.

No one cares about the preseason. I base nothing on it. I haven't changed my mind about any major thing this summer, except maybe I'm a little more bullish on Carolina and Seattle than I was two months ago. I still think Cleveland will win the AFC North despite looking like Montana State in August. I still think Miami will win seven games. I still think Jacksonville will be the second-best team in the AFC and will finally supplant Indianapolis atop the AFC South.

Did I miss something? Do the phins have a new O-Line? Did they bring in an aging all-Pro to guide their offense. New defense? While I agree they have nowhere to go but up, the addition of Parcells to the front office doesn't make them a .500 team. They still have a defense full of holes, no O-Line, a pot-smoking rasta man as their running back, and a rookie QB.

Puh-lease . . .

More goodness: he picks the Pat*s to go to and win the Super Bowl this year. "Don't forget what we did last year,'' Brady told me this summer."

And neither will the rest of the league that y'all put up such gaudy numbers on Tommy Boy. I'm not saying they won't win the division and go deep into the playoffs, but the rest of the league has a target square on Brady's back. Lotsa luck staying upright this season, Tom.

Full Article

Usually it's John (the Crypt Keeper) Clayton that's stroking the Phin's, but this year it's Peter King!

From today's MMQBTE

I'm boring, I'm bland, I'm predictable.

What, another Warren Sapp rant?

No, my Super Bowl prediction: New England 30, Dallas 20.

No one cares about the preseason. I base nothing on it. I haven't changed my mind about any major thing this summer, except maybe I'm a little more bullish on Carolina and Seattle than I was two months ago. I still think Cleveland will win the AFC North despite looking like Montana State in August. I still think Miami will win seven games. I still think Jacksonville will be the second-best team in the AFC and will finally supplant Indianapolis atop the AFC South.

Did I miss something? Do the phins have a new O-Line? Did they bring in an aging all-Pro to guide their offense. New defense? While I agree they have nowhere to go but up, the addition of Parcells to the front office doesn't make them a .500 team. They still have a defense full of holes, no O-Line, a pot-smoking rasta man as their running back, and a rookie QB.

Puh-lease . . .

More goodness: he picks the Pat*s to go to and win the Super Bowl this year. "Don't forget what we did last year,'' Brady told me this summer."

And neither will the rest of the league that y'all put up such gaudy numbers on Tommy Boy. I'm not saying they won't win the division and go deep into the playoffs, but the rest of the league has a target square on Brady's back. Lotsa luck staying upright this season, Tom.

Full Article

Perhaps you did miss some things, Miami will not win seven games but they did get significantly better. Chad peenington although not a great QB will keep them in some games and miami lost 8? games(gotta check my stats there) by ten points or less. Alot could be said they were not as bad as they appeared there record would indicate. Miami isnt a real contender yet and seven games will be very difficult but i wouldnt be surprised to 5 wins from the fish

I still think Miami will win seven games. I still think Jacksonville will be the second-best team in the AFC and will finally supplant Indianapolis atop the AFC South.[/i]

Puh-lease . . .

Full Article

It's not the Putrid Porpae that have the media enamored, it's Parcells....as if he has some magic Tuna Dust that he sprinkles on players and turns them into instant SB contenders. Wayne "The Evil Imp" Huizenga is selling off the team in chunks and will be getting out of the NFL soon. If Parcells took over the East Poughkeepsie Flapnoodles, the media would have them in the spotlight too.

Miami was the worst team last year and will be one of the worst again this year, but for some reason they have a slot devoted to them on sportscenter EVERY FRICKIN DAY! Their own fans don't care about them half the time, wtf would the rest of the country?