If I am Ralph I am looking for a way to cave to Peters

Pyrite Gal

Not exactly, I have posted the links many, many, many times and I am not going to do it again Mr. Lazy.

The articles have said that the team insists that he play this year under his existing contract. The quotes from Brandon state flatly that they want him to "honor the committment" he made to the team 2 years ago. All they have ever said with regard to negotiating a new deal is that they would "never say never". The team went to Schobel themselves in February 2007 and started negotiating a new deal. Not so with Peters.

On top of all the articles and quotes to the contrary, when challenged, not one person has produced a quote from Brandon that the team would in fact give him a new deal this year if, gosh durn it, he would only come to camp. Not one.

Query: As often as people have posted the meme that the team would negotiate a new deal this year if he only came to camp has been posted, how many times have you challenged the poster to produce proof? How many times have you accused them of inventing facts?

Just thought I'd ask.

As many times as you have made the statement that the Bills will not negotiate this year's contract, you have yet to produce one quote from a Bill's executive that says that. You continue to refer to reporter's statements that have no attributes or source.

Show us the quote that says "no new contract this year" from a Bill's employee. You can't, because there aren't any.

Brandon, of course, will not tip his hand and say they will absolutely rip up the old one. Anyone that expects him to say that in public has no knowledge of contract negotiation. "Honor the commitment" could just as easily be interpreted as "show up."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By "most of his teammates" do you mean the 2 unidentified players cited it the ESPN article?

I didn't cite the ESPN article, did I? Why do you always ignore the supporting quotes and links when they don't support your man-crush on Jason's Peter, and instead reference an entirely different article, even though the article I was clearly referencing was right there in front of you??? :oops:

I was referring to the Bucky Gleason article, that I quoted verbatim, directly above my statement - here, let me give it to you again...

"The Bills are prepared to play the entire season without him no matter their record or the stability of their offensive line or the health of their quarterbacks. It has become increasingly apparent over the past several weeks that management is holding its ground while the standoff with Peters drifts into the backdrop.

"It's one thing when overpaid athletes get little sympathy from fans, but Peters isn't getting much from his teammates, either. They're not saying much publicly, but behind the scenes they're questioning his common sense and timing. The guy has the potential to make $12 million over the three years he has remaining on his contract.

"If anybody should have a beef, it's Lee Evans. He's accomplished more in his first four years than any receiver in Bills history. Rather than gripe about money, he's intent on making a stronger case for himself. By golly, the two sides are talking about an extension that would make Evans a very wealthy man.

"See how it works?

"For all the criticism they'll take for refusing to budge if the losses mount, management opens itself to be ripped royally if they succumb to Peters' demands. The guy hasn't even given them the decency of returning a phone call, let alone make progress. This is a time in which the Bills should take a stand.

"After all, the Bills hold all the cards. They don't need to set a precedent by reworking Peters' deal because he overestimates his importance. The Bills lost plenty with him in the lineup in his first four seasons. They can certainly lose without him.

"Peters already has come calling for more money three times. Each time, it has been in the months after he hired a new agent. It's not a coincidence. Less than a year into their relationship, Parker and Peters have this much in common: Neither is making a penny off Peters' current deal."

Link

That help at all?