At this point, we know more about the offense

Beerball

than the defense, don't we?

I think we can feel pretty darn OK about the offense, can't we? Yes, it would be great to get Peters to report, but I am impressed with the way the offense is playing. Turk, IMO, can call a ballgame. Lynch is very good, Jackson is a very good back-up and we'll be fine with Omon or Hall as #3. I still want to see some production (steady production) from the TE position, but last night's drop off could be attributed to JP not looking their way. Edwards uses the TE as a check down, JP appears to use the backs more. Injuries have shown we have depth at WR. We'll be OK on the outside.

Defensively...what do we know? Last night we played against a 3rd string QB who looked like 3rd string QB. The week before, Pitt moved the ball well against us, then killed themselves with penalties. Over an entire game those things will even out some. What happens when we play a team with a real live NFL QB for a full game?

I think we'll be OK, but I don't feel as sure of the defense as I do the offense.

Couple weeks ago I didn't think I would be saying that. :wallbash:

than the defense, don't we?

I think we can feel pretty darn OK about the offense, can't we? Yes, it would be great to get Peters to report, but I am impressed with the way the offense is playing. Turk, IMO, can call a ballgame. Lynch is very good, Jackson is a very good back-up and we'll be fine with Omon or Hall as #3. I still want to see some production (steady production) from the TE position, but last night's drop off could be attributed to JP not looking their way. Edwards uses the TE as a check down, JP appears to use the backs more. Injuries have shown we have depth at WR. We'll be OK on the outside.

Defensively...what do we know? Last night we played against a 3rd string QB who looked like 3rd string QB. The week before, Pitt moved the ball well against us, then killed themselves with penalties. Over an entire game those things will even out some. What happens when we play a team with a real live NFL QB for a full game?

I think we'll be OK, but I don't feel as sure of the defense as I do the offense.

Couple weeks ago I didn't think I would be saying that. :wallbash:

Agreed. On defense, it doesn't help that McKelvin and Youboty (and/or Wilson) have been burned for long TD's in consecutive weeks. McKelvin's coverage on the TD last night was text-book terrible.

The only thing I've been able to read into the defense's play was against the steelers--that we really shut down a pretty good running game. That's encouraging.