for those watching US Hoops today

The Poojer

Not to hijack the thread, but where is the public outcry that there are no white players on the team. I just finished reading a book about NASCAR and it had a chapter on trying to have diversity in NASCAR. Where are the Scoop Jackson's of the world who bang on baseball because there has been a decline of black athletes in baseball?

Back to the thread, I am not a big fan of Carmelo because he played at Syracuse (Go Bonnies) but the whole team has looked good. I am glad they are playing the young talent (Howard, Williams, Paul) unlike previous Olympics where they defered to the veterans.

Reminds me of the old Michael Jorden bit on Letterman:

Letterman: I understand that you can't wear your new sneaker during NBA games, why is that?

MJ: Because it doesn't have any white in it.

Letterman: Neither does the NBA. (Rim shot)

Not to hijack the thread, but where is the public outcry that there are no white players on the team. I just finished reading a book about NASCAR and it had a chapter on trying to have diversity in NASCAR. Where are the Scoop Jackson's of the world who bang on baseball because there has been a decline of black athletes in baseball
Before any White advocates advance to the level of media awareness they are summarily snuffed by the hitman division of Jackson, Sharpton and Associates. :)