Hurricane Fay likely to hit SW FL on Tuesday

LongLiveRalph

Always nice to get warnings about displaced gators and snakes swimming through the flooded areas:

In some flooded areas, residents were warned to keep watch for alligators, snakes and other wildlife forced from their habitats and swimming in search of dry land. At least two alligators were captured in residential neighborhoods and several others spotted.

We're getting the first effects of Fay. Pretty boring. Just some wind and a light breeze blowing through. I'm not expecting much except a shiat load of rain over the next 36 hours. People are freaking out down here, especially a girl i work with. I'm going to hell for this, but we just kept adding to her fears yesterday to the point where she was going to stock up on ice, has her bathtub and washer filled with water, and turned her AC down to 55 for "when we lose power." I know i should feel bad, but shes from south florida and has been through real hurricanes before, and apparently, still cant tell the difference between an actual hurricane and a little rain storm thats passing through.

What really sucks is that fall classes here at FSU start monday, so this weekend is move-in for everyone coming back to campus. They're going to have a grand old time with that.

We're getting the first effects of Fay. Pretty boring. Just some wind and a light breeze blowing through. I'm not expecting much except a shiat load of rain over the next 36 hours. People are freaking out down here, especially a girl i work with. I'm going to hell for this, but we just kept adding to her fears yesterday to the point where she was going to stock up on ice, has her bathtub and washer filled with water, and turned her AC down to 55 for "when we lose power." I know i should feel bad, but shes from south florida and has been through real hurricanes before, and apparently, still cant tell the difference between an actual hurricane and a little rain storm thats passing through.

What really sucks is that fall classes here at FSU start monday, so this weekend is move-in for everyone coming back to campus. They're going to have a grand old time with that.

Yeah 84 & sunny in WNY today. See, we do not have the worst weather in the country all the time.