Vote for Bills to have #1 Fan Base!

Anyone who knows the NFL would have to put Buffalo in the top 5 home crowds. As a football fan of about 30 years, I would say that year in, year out, (regardless of record) K.C., Green Bay, and Oakland are tough places to play. Pittsburgh gets an honorable mention. But the 12th man at The Ralph is as good as it gets anywhere. Anyone who doesn't think so has never experienced the electricity that is generated by 74,000 rabid Bills fans as their team emerges from the tunnel on game day. There's a reason the "12th man" is on the wall of fame. The home crowd at Orchard Park can will a team to victory. Hopefully this year we will field a team worthy of it's fan base's loyal support. :unsure:

From the "article":

"...usually in -10 weather..."

Wow. First, it very rarely dips below 15 here during the day, much less below 0. And "usually?" Irresponsible bs. How 'bout we average the temps of home games across the last ten seasons or so? I'll bet the average is right around 45, and I'll take that 45 average rather than Arizona's 75 average if I never have to see a game in 110 degree weather.

This writer is a moron.

#1 -- Philadelphia??? Where they boo Santa Claus? Get serious.

#2 -- Kansas City. I can almost accept that, but not quite.

#3 -- Oakland? You gotta be kidding me. I don't think they even sell out the place on a regular basis.

#4 -- Cleveland. About right, but we could be even higher here. At least the writer was somewhat complimentary:

How can you not have complete respect for Browns fans? They have every reason to go the way of a Falcons fan, but their loyalty to the Browns has no rival. Art Modell ripped their team out from under them and as soon as the expansion team showed up, the Dog Pound was back in full effect. The Pound was firing on all cylinders last season as the team seemed to turn the corner and if the team ever does get over the hump, the city of Cleveland had better watch out!

#5 -- Green Bay. I would have put the Packers at #1.

#6 -- Pittsburgh. Too low, despite my hatred of the colors black and gold.

#7 -- Denver. OK, but considering their lack of success in recent years, may be primed for a fall.

#8 -- Buffalo. Way too low, and I'm not just saying that because I'm here.

#9 -- Chicago. It's getting harder to slot them.

#10 -- Dallas. Biggest bunch of fair-weather fans on this or any other planet.

My picks:

#1 -- Green Bay

#2 -- Cleveland

#3 -- Pittsburgh

#4 -- Buffalo

#5 -- Kansas City

#6-32 -- everybody else. :devil:

We are leading at 25% as I write this. The list is a joke, and the explanations are laughable. 7 is the best we are gonna do with any Eagle fan, on anything, because of their built-in inferiority complex, which is why Dallas and Philly make the list at all, and why Philly is listed #1.

First of all, real Philly fans = the 20% of the people in that stadium that don't work for:

1. A Law Firm

2. A Pharma company

3. A Commodities trading company

4. Comcast

5. Peco Energy

6. or aren't: some tool from Jersey acting like it's retard recess and Philly is the playground(like they do every weekend, year round), trying to get in a fight, hit on somebody's girlfriend, or getting drunk and taking their clothes off before they piss themselves.

For 1-5 football games are about work. The only place where you hear them talking football or "being passionate" is in the upper deck or parts of the endzone, which is where the batteries that you get hit with come from. The "waiting list" is mostly comprised of little law firms, etc. waiting on their turn to overspend on boxes and premium seats. None of it has to do with the team or football, all of it has to do with self-aggrandizement, or the aforementioned retard recess.

Meanwhile, the rest of the "fans" are sitting in bars bitching up a storm even when they are winning, getting in fights with each other, and showing their team exactly 0 loyalty. Real Eagle fans, that actually know anything about football, are few and far between, and you rarely see them anywhere near the stadium or the sports bars.

My picks are based on passion, loyalty and sheer quantity of fans. I have been to a lot of non-Bills games in other cities.

1. Pittsburgh.

2. Buffalo.

3. Kansas City.

4. Green Bay.

5. Cleveland.

Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, New Jersey Jets and Giants, SF, Pats*...all fall into the same category that Philly does. No fans, just business associates occasionally bringing their fat kids who ignore the game and play gameboy. Sad, sorry existence for all of those teams, and they minute they don't win, or the fat kid takes over the company, bye, bye corporate support.

This is the biggest reason LA has no team. People out there can't get over themselves for 4 hours and enjoy something together with their family, friends, or even strangers. If it doesn't advance their career or serve in some way to prove how good they are individually, they want no part of it. Nobody in LA talks about how much fun the Lakers game is, they talk about where their seats are, and then they want to know where yours are.

This is the biggest reason LA has no team. People out there can't get over themselves for 4 hours and enjoy something together with their family, friends, or even strangers.

And that's the reason I'm a Bills fan. I'm no football scholar; I even somewhat dislike the pro game. But I lived away from here for a while and loved the fact that I could go to a Bills bar somewhere else and have something in common with a complete stranger. And now that I'm back, I love the atmosphere here during a game--whether in my folks' living room, at the stadium, or in a bar somewhere.

As far as sports go, football never will be hockey for me. (And I'm not going to get into an argument here about which fans are better, or more sincere, or more rabid, or whatever. Not the point here.) But the Bills create a sense of community that begins at Tops on a September Saturday morning when you start asking a complete stranger how he plans to cook those steaks in the parking lot and what his group is washing 'em down with, and ends with that last shot of bad whisky in (unfortunately, lately) December, and doesn't really stop in between.

It is good stuff.