Darian Barnes on Rome today

stevewin

That's an odd booking. I guess Blake Costanzo was unavailable.

I think it started when Barnes said he could give a sh-- about Favre coming back - which got picked up a bit nationally. Apparently Rome picked up on that - then looked into Barnes a bit and found out he writes comic books. Guess he though he might be an interesting person to talk to...

I think it started when Barnes said he could give a sh-- about Favre coming back - which got picked up a bit nationally. Apparently Rome picked up on that - then looked into Barnes a bit and found out he writes comic books. Guess he though he might be an interesting person to talk to...

I really hope this guy goes out there and bashes some skull this year

Hahaha nice! I didn't hear about that Favre thing!

- Explained his position on the Favre questions. Has nothing to do with him or the Bills, so he got sick of the questions and told reporters there was nothing he cared about less. This is the quote Rome heard that he loved enough to get Barnes on the show.

- Talked about how FB's are disappearing across the league.

- Talked about how he loved smashing people, was hoping to do a lot of it for Marshawn this season. Went into how it is important to form a kinship with the RB you're blocking for (a la Lorenzo Neal and Tomlinson).

- Rome asked him about his one career TD. Barnes said a pancake block is more enjoyable and important than getting another TD.

- Toughest LB's to face have been Ray Lewis ("so explosive"), James Farrior, and Shawne Merriman.

- Discussed "National Triumph League," the comic book he's created in which NFL players are superheroes.

- Jim said he would have Barnes as a correspondent on Jim Rome is Burning.

Fingers crossed this leads to some season-long Jungle Karma!!!*

* = unlike Trent's appearance just before the Cleveland game last year.