anyone else work with morons?

dib

Came in one day to find a new computer at my desk.

My first thought was "cool"

a millisecond later my second thought was "stevestojan"

yes boys and girls the contents of my hard drive were gone.  Yes I have back up to 90% of the stuff but some stuff like URL's I just left in favorites. Amonor inconvenieince but still an inconvenience.

Guess what I found on my desk today. Surprise!  It might have been nice to let me know so I could download anything I wanted to save.

77058[/snapback]

Not even reading past your initial post, as I don't need to. We just got "New Generation Operating System". You better hope this country doesn't get attacked.

where's my Email?

yes boys and girls the contents of my hard drive were gone.  Yes I have back up to 90% of the stuff but some stuff like URL's I just left in favorites. Amonor inconvenieince but still an inconvenience.

Guess what I found on my desk today. Surprise!  It might have been nice to let me know so I could download anything I wanted to save.

77058[/snapback]

Came in one day and found my computer missing. Turns out the network guy mixed me up with someone else. That someone else worked in a different department, was a temp and my name plate was on my cubicle but hey, I can see where he'd get confused.

I like retail as well. Used to work cashier at a Drug Store.

My favorite was when 40 year old women would show me their ID when buying cigarettes. I'd say "cosmetics are over there if you wanna look younger".

The "tan kakhi pants and gulf shirt" outfit also cooperates with immediately going out drinking without having to change clothes.

77058[/snapback]

I just had a similar experience. I brought my PC to a shop to have it repaired. Wasn't sure what was wrong. I told them that if it was something that would require wiping the hard drive to let me know so that I could pull my files off, similar to you. They proceeded with swapping out my hard drive, which had been working well enough to get whatever I wanted off of it. They naturally told me this, in spite of my request as a paying customer, AFTER they made the change.

Not stupidity, but they simply didn't listen to me. Oh well, as with you I lost all of my important favorites. Fortunately I downloaded the important files just in case, but I didn't get all of them back. Argh!