Anyone going to pick up Madden 09 at Midnight?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I set rushing at a very low difficulty level I'm finishing with about a 30 yards per game rushing average. You can't even get out of the backfield on most plays. :lol::P:D

Damn, that is a huge blow......nothing I like more than running a powerback up the middle, shake off a few tackles, juke a time or two and use a healthy stiff arm.

Can it really be THAT BAD??

Unless I set rushing at a very low difficulty level I'm finishing with about a 30 yards per game rushing average. You can't even get out of the backfield on most plays. :lol::P:D

Have you tried playing with a team besides the Bills to see if, in fact, every OL gets blown up the way you describe?

It is for the 360, and it and the PS3 are supposed to be almost identical this year. Like I said you can set pass O, passing D, running O, and run D at different difficulty levels (which is a cool feature I suppose) but unless I set run offense on a rookie difficulty level I can't do squat on the ground. The rest of the game is pretty good though.

You can also adjust the sliders to suit the game to your own tastes. If you can only manage 30 yards per game, bump the CPU sliders down so you get something more realistic, or bump your own sliders up.

As a die hard Bills fan I refuse to use another team! :D I'll do it for you though and check back in later. Any tips would be appreciated but I was under the impression I was the Madden master!!!! :P:lol:

I've always found that when running- the worst thing you can do is hit speed burst as soon as you touch the ball because you'll disrupt the timing of the blocks in front of you. I've also found that juking into an open area once you're past the line will open you up for at least another three yards.

Also, in any two-back set, following your lead blocker is CRUCIAL. If he makes it past the line, it's on you to find the open areas, though.

Thanks Ramius. Are the sliders part of the difficulty settings?!?!?! I know, I'm dumb. :lol:

what system are you on? i only have a PS2, and on the old systems, under game play settings, there was an "A.I." tab where you could adjust sliders for both yourself and the CPU. Sometimes they take a game or 2 to take full effect however, so keep that in mind.

I have been really dissapointed with Madden 07/08 for Xbox 360 seriously the complexity and realism of the game play fell off from just regular xbox and ps2. I hope to god it gets better in 09 because that was the only reason I bought my 360.

Got Madden for both 360 and original Xbox last year. Original Xbox version MUCH better. I will buy the 360 version this year, but if it sux will hopefully download updated rosters for the original.

I still can't run. I guess I suck. :wallbash:

Where are you at in your skill level?? The starting default Madden IQ is 500.

All of my skills ie, passing, rushing, pass D and run D are all at 0. Tell me what you have.

The fly by into the Ralph looks like the cars are really there. It looks AMAZING!!!!

The running game has sucked the last two years, its pretty hard to run inside the tackles especially when you consider the alternatives which is the passing game which seems to result in long touchdown bombs every 5th throw. Against other users (all madden level) running outside is feast or famine, - 3 yard loss, -5 yard loss, -2 yard loss, -4 yard loss, 65 yard touch down run.

I'm a little scared with what is happening to Madden series especially since they signed the exclusive contract with the NFL essentially giving them monopoly power. Seems to me the recent games have been concerned with with more outside the game features and less focus on getting the actual game play tight and realistic. They need to figure it out already and hire me as a consultant so we can bring a level of realism back to it. )07 and 08 were far superior on XBox and ps3 and thats because they made no adjustments to it (which is a sad statement).

I'm a little scared with what is happening to Madden series especially since they signed the exclusive contract with the NFL essentially giving them monopoly power. Seems to me the recent games have been concerned with with more outside the game features and less focus on getting the actual game play tight and realistic.

Yep, its all about franchise mode :wallbash: , creating players and online play; its moving further & further away from a football sim.