Got the worst draft position possible... #1.

stevestojan

Bingo. I had Priest Holmes in his breakout year (was that 2002?) and got him relatively late. Then the drop off started. I just don't see any way Brady is not stellar this year again.

The B word part is that I'll have picks 28 and 29 and I'll likely get two middle of the road RBs. My WR corp will then be hurting. #1 overall in a league this big blows as most would agree that 1-3 are all the same pick depending on who has em.

Afew years ago I had Marshall Faulk a year too late. The funny thing was the 2 years before that I drafted him the guys who had faulk won the league. Oh well.

looks like you have to draft Jerricho Cotchery if you have that pick (based on the mock drafts) :huh:

Of course not, based upon my projections (which are my personal opinion), he was the best overall player left at that point in each one of those drafts.

Really, do you have a point?

Im sorry but 14 teams is way too much for 1 league. Drafting has to be ridiculous, the drop off in talent is major by the time you choes again.

If you want my opinion I would need to know your structure. If you start 1QB or 1RB you take the best available, flip a coin between Brady and LT cant go wrong. BUt seeing as you have 14 teams QB are going to be a premium, alot of teams like running back by commitee so you could stuill get a decent back. Someone wil grab TO and Moss with the first pick which shouls open the door for you a little. I happen to think Big Ben and Santonio Holmes wil be this years Randy and Tom. Just a thought.

They installed a new spread offense, I like what they are doing there. If you can go LT, Ben and Welker your in good shape.

My League Starts:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DE/ST

SCORING --- OFFENSE

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 1 point for a FG of 40 to 49 Yds

Plus 2 points for a FG of 50 to 59 Yds

Plus 3 points for a FG of 60+ Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

IKRTD - Individual Kick Return TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a IKRTD of 50 to 74 Yds

Plus 4 points for a IKRTD of 75 to 100 Yds

IPRTD - Individual Punt Return TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a IPRTD of 50 to 74 Yds

Plus 4 points for a IPRTD of 75 to 100 Yds

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 5 points

Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 50 to 74 Yds

Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 75 to 100 Yds

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 20 PaYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Plus a 4 point bonus @ 350+ PaYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 400+ PaYd

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 450+ PaYd

Plus a 7 point bonus @ 500+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 50 to 74 Yds

Plus 4 points for a ReTD of 75 to 100 Yds

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd

Plus a 4 point bonus @ 200+ ReYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 250+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 1 point (yes, 1 Point per reception, a rule I've argued for 7 years)

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuAtt - Rushing Attempt .1 points (this is the worst rule in our league. If a back rushed 10 times for 0 yards, you still get 1 point)

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 50 to 74 Yds

Plus 4 points for a RuTD of 75 to 100 Yds

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

Plus a 4 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 200+ RuYd

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 250+ RuYd

XP - Extra Points 1 point

While Brees had a down start to the season, he ended up with 4423 yards, 28 TDs, and just 18 INTs.

Our league is head to head format, and his slow start helped to pin some early losses on me that really hurt. I guess league structure does factor pretty heavily into the discussion.

I'm thinking out of the box, but it should work.

I say go Brady first, and your QB position will be set for good, and you will have the highest scoring player in your league, by far. 3-4 tds and 300-350 yds a week are pretty much guaranteed.

Then, as you said, at 28-29, the RBs will be real thin. Take 2 WRs! Say you could land guys like Housh and Boldin, your team would be in awesome shape. Sure, your rbs would suck, but something had to suck, why not rbs? I mean its either take 2 average rbs at 28-29, or take 2 stud wrs.

Then, when rds 4-5 come around, go with the best value. I've always gone with the 2 RB theory, and it sucks. I'd get stuck with guys like mcgahee or shaun alexander or lt, and they just dont put up numbers week in, week out.