Have a bet with a coworker: He thinks now that Jets have Favre

I've stayed out of the Favre circus, but if the Karma gods even things out for all his indecisive BS, he goes down with an injury by week 3 or craps the bed this year.

I used to love watching this guy but he is now the Rosie O'Donnell of the NFL to me. Could NY be good...maybe. At best they sneak in with a wildcard I would guess.

The thing is, they aren't going to win just because of Brett Favre. They already had a good offensive line and a good veteran running back- Favre will help the line by being able to make the throws that Pennington couldn't and he will help back the defense off the line of scrimmage. Ge will also make their decent WR's better- how good is anyone's guess. If they can average a few more first downs per game, it will help their undermanned defense, whether Jenkins can still play or not.

Whether we finish better than the Jets or not doesn't matter- neither team is likely to make the playoffs this year. I don't want to chase a non-playoff team. I want to develop our players- Trent should still be here in a year or two when Favre retires for good- and the Jets are starting over. Favre will get them artificial wins- by that I mean they will bite the bullet later instead of sooner and will take much longer to become a good team again based on draft position- and they will have no playoff berths over those years to show for it.

The thing is, they aren't going to win just because of Brett Favre. They already had a good offensive line and a good veteran running back- Favre will help the line by being able to make the throws that Pennington couldn't and he will help back the defense off the line of scrimmage. Ge will also make their decent WR's better- how good is anyone's guess. If they can average a few more first downs per game, it will help their undermanned defense, whether Jenkins can still play or not.

Whether we finish better than the Jets or not doesn't matter- neither team is likely to make the playoffs this year. I don't want to chase a non-playoff team. I want to develop our players- Trent should still be here in a year or two when Favre retires for good- and the Jets are starting over. Favre will get them artificial wins- by that I mean they will bite the bullet later instead of sooner and will take much longer to become a good team again based on draft position- and they will have no playoff berths over those years to show for it.

My hope is Favre can beat Brady* & the Pats*.