Survey: what is the screen resolution of your PDA?

SDS

1. I guess it begs the question on what information people are looking for. Is it just the article links or do people want access to everything?

2. I was wondering if it wasn't better to have a list of links show up on a new page instead of a drop down? That way they can be listed linearly.

3. Yes, I can make that an "on click" event.

Only speaking for myself, obviously, but all I'd like is article links and forum (TSW) links.

Only speaking for myself, obviously, but all I'd like is article links and forum (TSW) links.

would those forum links be best presented as a clickable drop down menu - or would you rather click on the link and just go to a new page that just had those links listed vertically?

I'm seeing it pretty good on my Blackberry 8703e (Verizon, so no opera browser available) 320x240

I also have to scroll down to get a link to TSW... I sorta expect to see it in the top section, but it is in the Fan zone...

Bills Links gives me:

Schedule (doesn't work - I don't think BB browser does the # links to jump down Or this isn't really a link, but it acts like one)

Buffalo Bills Schedule & NFL Schedule on the next line (2 links)

The Draft

(Coming Soon!) (Seperate line - does nothing)

History

Coming Soon! (Seperate line - does nothing)

I would prefer to see the headlines near the top - and I like the quotes w/ the articles. It's easy to scroll down...

BB.com has a nice pda site too, very quick to load and covers the latest info - C Browns Blog, etc. link is www.buffalobills.com/wireless - you may want to include that link at your PDA site...

I'm seeing it pretty good on my Blackberry 8703e (Verizon, so no opera browser available) 320x240

I also have to scroll down to get a link to TSW... I sorta expect to see it in the top section, but it is in the Fan zone...

Bills Links gives me:

Schedule (doesn't work - I don't think BB browser does the # links to jump down Or this isn't really a link, but it acts like one)

Buffalo Bills Schedule & NFL Schedule on the next line (2 links)

The Draft

(Coming Soon!) (Seperate line - does nothing)

History

Coming Soon! (Seperate line - does nothing)

I would prefer to see the headlines near the top - and I like the quotes w/ the articles. It's easy to scroll down...

BB.com has a nice pda site too, very quick to load and covers the latest info - C Browns Blog, etc. link is www.buffalobills.com/wireless - you may want to include that link at your PDA site...

I clearly need to do more w/ the navigation.

"I would prefer to see the headlines near the top"

Where are they now? :unsure: If you inlcude the quote - you need to scroll. If you don't - they will be stacked on top.

would those forum links be best presented as a clickable drop down menu - or would you rather click on the link and just go to a new page that just had those links listed vertically?

New page, I think. Drop down menus often don't work correctly (in my experience) on PDAs.

Coming from a BB user - and an "older" Blackberry... it only handles text, images, and links...

It will do a traditional dropdown box, but not java mouseover stuff. It doesn't have flash, and it doesn't have video. The newer Blackberry's handle video, not sure if they handle streaming audio or video.

The other consideration is bandwidth... I have good bandwidth, but large pages take a bit to load (and I bet it's also the device reworking a page to fit it better).

What I meant about articles being as close to the top, is moving the links underneath the articles. I visit TBD on my PDA for news, not links... I make bookmarks to the other pages I use.

I would make the screen:

{logo}

{link to tsw}

{Date}

Headlines - with quotes (optimally, I'd be able to click an "expand" button to see the quote and have them collapsed by default, but that's not as possible I suppose) Put 5-10 headlines (or allow users to customize the number w/ a dropdown and store it in a cookie if possible)

{Link to next articles - or previous after page 1}

Links to other resources including the schedule as a seperate page

This would cut down on my bandwidth - and yours and would also keep the load time as short as possible.

PDA browsing is different than PC browsing imho. I'd rather click a few more times and have smaller - manageable pages, than have the "super" page with every piece of information on it.