Any Darkstar Orchestra fans?

The Poojer

they are in the midst of a 3 day swing through Utica, Rochester and Buffalo(actually they call it tonawanda)....I am going to see them on Wednesday nite....never seen them before but am pretty excited....gotta get my dead fix this summer...they sound amazing as a "tribute" band....

they are in the midst of a 3 day swing through Utica, Rochester and Buffalo(actually they call it tonawanda)....I am going to see them on Wednesday nite....never seen them before but am pretty excited....gotta get my dead fix this summer...they sound amazing as a "tribute" band....

I never saw the Grateful Dead live but I've seen DSO many, many times and they rock. I've encountered older folks there that tell me they sound like the real deal. Regardless of their closeness to the original thing, they put on a really great show, I think you'll enjoy them.

Saw them when they opened the National with the Radiators earlier this year. It was a great show and I also saw them at Allgood last year and they were excellent that night as well. We won't be there next Wed. as we will be out of town. It should be a good show. Did you catch STS9 and Umphrey's McGee at Innsbrook a couple of weeks ago? It was a good jam. We met a couple of guys from Buffalo who were returning from Allgood to catch them again. They got busted for pot in a parking lot at Innsbrook. But the cops took their weed and let them go...told them they were lucky they were not put in jail.

As a big Dead fan I'd love to see them. I've checked them out online and unfortunately southern CA is a wasteland when it comes to small-mid sized venues and who plays them. One of the reasons I can't wait to move to San Francisco after the first of the year.

Quick note about this show. If you are a Grateful Dead fan, this band is a must see....They recreate these shows and if you have your back to the stage, you wouldnt be able to tell them from the Dead. What a great evening. Had the 2 younger kids with me....was a proud papa, my 16 year old got into his first hackey sack circle and also had some whirling dervish try to get him to dance, the 9 year old just hung around and played with a group of other kids in the area. great nite, great tunes...and a "funny" smell kept coming from the port-a-potties....and it wasnt the smell you would expect from said port-a-potties :angry::devil:

if you get the chance go see them...and for you Richmond folks, they are coming back in December to play the National