(OT)Anyone see "Dark Side of OZ"?

The Poojer

Guest Guest_cjpearl2_*

When was it on? Where was it playing?

Id love to see it in sync (the album and movie) - but have never tried to do it myself. Is it playing somewhere?

I passed up a midnight showing this past weekend, because I knew I would fall asleep.  Is it worth seeing?  has anyone tried it at home?

76069[/snapback]

They did this on AMC a few years back. If you went to SAP in your audio mode, it played Dark Side of the Moon. It was pretty cool for the first playing of the album, but then got a bit boring (in my opinion). I suppose it's cooler if you are stoned, but I was just sleepy.

Guest Mr Info behind firewall
I passed up a midnight showing this past weekend, because I knew I would fall asleep.  Is it worth seeing?  has anyone tried it at home?

76069[/snapback]

Fall asleep at the Byrd theater? Whattzup with that - are you an old fart? Sure, it's worth seeing. Especially after a couple of fattys.

I didnt see it at any theatre, but here's my take:

First, you have to put the tape (or DVD in) and start the CD immediatly after the third roar of the Lion (not the Lion as in the "Cowardly Lion", but as in the Lion from MGM, before the movie starts. You'll know him when you see him.

The way to tell if you are perfectly synched up is to make sure that when the song TIME starts, with all the bells and whatnot, is the same time the wicked witch is FIRST seen on the screen riding her bike. (this is early in the movie, before she is actually the witch). And it should match up PERFECTLY: scene change and the first sound of the song TIME need to be in sync.

Then, just watch the movie, and note the similarities. For example, when you first see dorothy in color, you hear the lyrics "blue, blue, blue", and when you then see the witch, "black, black, black"...

When Dorothy listens for a heartbeat on the tinman, there is a heartbeat at the end CD.

Here is an entire list of all the syncs

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pa...nitive_list.htm

PS Watching it high as a kite helps tremendously, but isnt necessary, as there is no denying some of the things on here. (like the "which is which" line)