Olympic Predictions

gmac17

In case you haven't heard, the IOC changed the baseball rules recently to make sure the games stay on schedule. So if a game is still tied at the start of the 11th inning, runners will be placed on 2nd and 3rd, and the team will be able to choose where in the batting order they want to start. I'm not joking. This is the last Olympics for baseball anyways.

It's disgusting how the IOC and the world at large has put money ahead of principle. While political dissidents have been rounded up, Tibetans have been barred from working in Beijing during the Olympics, and even the media is being scrutinized and blocked from internet sites like the Chinese public are, everyone who goes to the games, including Bush, is giving China the legitimacy they desire.

Well said.

As i know the american channels are boroadcasting the games the same way the french ones do (they show only the americans as in France we only see the french competitors), if you can and 'd like to see the real great moments of the competition: watch them on the canadian channels. (if i watch anything i will do it watching the spanish channels... at least they'll show some basketball there ...)

In case you haven't heard, the IOC changed the baseball rules recently to make sure the games stay on schedule. So if a game is still tied at the start of the 11th inning, runners will be placed on 2nd and 3rd, and the team will be able to choose where in the batting order they want to start. I'm not joking. This is the last Olympics for baseball anyways.

i hope the IBF will be able to bring baseball back for the 2016 games (as baseball will not be an olympic competition in London in 2012)... not that i care much about that olympic competition but the french baseball federation will receive much more money from the state if the sport remains an olympic sport.

... if you can and 'd like to see the real great moments of the competition: watch them on the canadian channels.

One year, I think it was the 96 Atlanta Summer games, my brother and I were watching during the day on a Canadian station out of Kingston. Later that night, watching on NBC with my parents, they started showing the same events as "live" that we had seen earlier. So we started 'betting' on who was going to win, who would would not do as well as expected, etc. My parents were dumbfounded that we knew so much until we explained that NBC was showing events from earlier as being 'live'.

my only prediction: i will not watch the Olympics I don't care!

USA Swimming is freaking amazing...guess you have to be a swimmer to appreciate it. Phelps is a once in a lifetime athlete. I wouldn't miss it!

No.

Peking Duck

Peking Duck, or Peking Roast Duck is a famous duck dish from Beijing that has been prepared since the Yuan Dynasty, and is now considered one of China's national foods.

---more info at the link above---

That stuff is like crack if you go to a good place for it. It's the lobster of the poultry family if you ask me.