Favre expected to report to Packers' camp

scribo

SportingNews reports...

Quarterback Brett Favre plans to show up for Green Bay Packers training camp when it opens Sunday, Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports.

Favre is expected to fax a letter to commissioner Roger Goodell today seeking reinstatement to the league.

ESPN reports that Favre may not report to camp until Thursday of next week.

If Favre reports to Packers camp, it will be as the No. 2 quarterback behind Aaron Rodgers, the Packers told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

But...

Mortensen reports that the New York Jets have received permission to contact Favre.

Lastly, the article still lists us as one of the teams interested in trading for Favre.

Seriously guys...even after taking off my Bills' red & blue colored glasses, I just don't see how the Jets could be a true contender even WITH a QB like Favre. I know the offensive line was upgraded but it just seems like they had more holes than just that.

Am I nuts? If Favre winds up a Jest, does that really put them ahead of Buffalo in the division?

It'll definitely put the Jets ahead of the Bills - in every ESPN pre-season power rankings.

Then the games will start, Favre will struggle for a few weeks with a new system to learn and new receivers to get used to, and the team won't give him too much support. He'll get hammered by the New York press corps, and eventually retire at the end of the year, forcing the Jets to start all over at QB once again.

Today, the skinnier of the two Mikes in the morning on ESPN, who is a lifelong Jets fan, said he did not see how bringing Favre to New Jersey would make sense. The Jests cannot be considered a QB away from a super run, which makes such a trade unattractive to Favre and means the NJJ would be wasting time they should be using to develop a young QB. All that said, get 'er done Man-genie.