(OT) EVERQUEST 2 BETA

Talonz

i'm interested :o

used to be an eq junkie. just can't bring myself to cancel my account even tho i hardly play anymore

i was in Star Wars Galaxies beta, just hope Verant doesn't screw up EQ2 like they did SWG (game was almost a year overdue and still half a year from being stable when they went gold)

The problem with EQ is it's nearly a full time job if you want to make any progress. My girlfriend has been beta testing EQ 2 for weeks. She says one of the goals of the new version is to reduce quest time.

I won the EQ2 beta spot on Gamespot . I signed up for a month subscription and then entered the drawning about 100 times today :(

Anyways, I am about 2 hours away from playing. The client is HUGE - 4GB. I am soooo excited :o

Damn work in the morning :o

The problem with EQ is it's nearly a full time job if you want to make any progress.  My girlfriend has been beta testing EQ 2 for weeks.  She says one of the goals of the new version is to reduce quest time.

75582[/snapback]

Dude...how awesome is that.... :o

play final fantasy 11.... or the new world of warcraft coming out....much better options than EQ in my opinion

75563[/snapback]

Final Fantasy 11 ? YIKES - That was a grindfest like no other. The keyboard/mouse controls = horrid.

World of Warcraft looks EXCELLENT - I cant wait !

My advice though is to at least view some movies of this game - They are INCREDIBLE. Don't judge it on EQ1 ( although 5 years ago it was awesome ).

World of Warcraft looks EXCELLENT - I cant wait !

75610[/snapback]

I'm in the WoW beta and it is simply fantastic. I played EQ for 3 years and it doesn't compare with WoW...and from what I've heard from several friends in EQ2's beta, it doesn't compare w/ WoW either.