Thoughts on Opening Day

john

The Seahawks beat us in a close game. They are better at nearly every position except RB, which they aren't bad at. Both teams are strong at LB, but they are stronger. It will probably be similar to last year's season opener.

I see us as a better team than last year, but I think we will have fewer wins.

Uh...No.

(1) Shaun Alexander gone

(2) Steve Hutchinson not there

(3) Three OL starters currently sidelined recovering from surgery (LT Walter Jones, OC Spencer and RG Rob Sims).

(4) Branch 5 months into what is typically a 9-month rehabilitation

(5) Bobby Engram skipped minicamps and June camp for a contract extension. He caught a franchise-record 94 passes last year.

(6) Nate Burleson is okay when he runs the right route.

(7) Obomanu, Taylor, Kent and Payne have combined for 17 NFL catches.

(8) Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett RB's

(9) Bruce DeHaven has no Josh Brown, a shaky vet Olindo Mare, and rookie Brandon kicking, and Coutu.

(10) Plackemeier may not be ready for our game at punter, last season's special teams captain and leading tackler

(11) Koutouvides left for Denver; who'll be KR and PR?

(12) Seahawks were horrid on the road (Lost 6)

(13) Seahwaks allowed 345.2 yards per game on the road last year

Disappointments on opening day: 2004, when we lost to the Jags at the last minute when leading the entire game. The Jags converted three 4th downs, and Nate Clements had a chance to knock the ball away, but instead he got greedy & went for the INT and got outmuscled for the ball.

2006: When we were beating the Pats, and bonehead Jauron opted to go 4th & 1, instead of kicking a FG. He had Trash, excuse me, McGahee line up in "I" formation, and got stuffed for no gain.

2007: Our last offensive possession, why in the hell do you try a long pass when you're in the lead, trying to kill the clock?

I am looking forward to the season opener, and I think we will beat the Seahawks. I just hope the team doesn't have the slow starts of the previous years, and Jauron (or the coaching staff) doesn't make any bone-headed calls.

Disappointments on opening day: 2004, when we lost to the Jags at the last minute when leading the entire game. The Jags converted three 4th downs, and Nate Clements had a chance to knock the ball away, but instead he got greedy & went for the INT and got outmuscled for the ball.

2006: When we were beating the Pats, and bonehead Jauron opted to go 4th & 1, instead of kicking a FG. He had Trash, excuse me, McGahee line up in "I" formation, and got stuffed for no gain.

2007: Our last offensive possession, why in the hell do you try a long pass when you're in the lead, trying to kill the clock?

I am looking forward to the season opener, and I think we will beat the Seahawks. I just hope the team doesn't have the slow starts of the previous years, and Jauron (or the coaching staff) doesn't make any bone-headed calls.

I'll settle for fewer... :thumbsup: