Another Jumping the Bills' Playoff Bandwagon

H2o

Buffalo Bills

The Bills are a team I love. They have a talented core of young players. They have a very good defensive line with DE Aaron Schobel and offseason acquisition Marcus Stroud at DT. They have a bright young quarterback in Trent Edwards, who is surrounded by some of the best skills players in the NFL with wide receivers Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans and running back Marshawn Lynch. This is a potentially dynamic offense -- as they learn how to play the game, they will improve and become very tough to slow down. They should score points in bunches.

Their special team units, covering and returning kicks, are in the top five in the NFL. Very few teams can match their talent in the kicking game and they can control field position with these units. Parrish is dynamic with the ball in his hands on punt returns and Terrence McGee as the kickoff returner assures the Bills great field position every time he touches the ball.

They do have a favorable schedule, playing the AFC West and the NFC West this year. Last year, the Bills were 7-6 heading into the final three weeks of the season, but could not close out with any wins. They also had two home games clearly within reach that they let slip away -- the opener against the Broncos and then against the Cowboys. Add those two wins and they would have been 9-4 with three weeks to play. So, with a few breaks -- or maybe a few less breaks than a year ago (the Bills led the league in IR players last year) -- expect the Bills to be a very tough team this season.

Link to the complete article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...tml?eref=si_nfl

:D To all the "nay sayers" !!!

Buffalo Bills

The Bills are a team I love. They have a talented core of young players. They have a very good defensive line with DE Aaron Schobel and offseason acquisition Marcus Stroud at DT. They have a bright young quarterback in Trent Edwards, who is surrounded by some of the best skills players in the NFL with wide receivers Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans and running back Marshawn Lynch. This is a potentially dynamic offense -- as they learn how to play the game, they will improve and become very tough to slow down. They should score points in bunches.

Their special team units, covering and returning kicks, are in the top five in the NFL. Very few teams can match their talent in the kicking game and they can control field position with these units. Parrish is dynamic with the ball in his hands on punt returns and Terrence McGee as the kickoff returner assures the Bills great field position every time he touches the ball.

They do have a favorable schedule, playing the AFC West and the NFC West this year. Last year, the Bills were 7-6 heading into the final three weeks of the season, but could not close out with any wins. They also had two home games clearly within reach that they let slip away -- the opener against the Broncos and then against the Cowboys. Add those two wins and they would have been 9-4 with three weeks to play. So, with a few breaks -- or maybe a few less breaks than a year ago (the Bills led the league in IR players last year) -- expect the Bills to be a very tough team this season.

Link to the complete article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...tml?eref=si_nfl

:P To all the "nay sayers" !!!

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=68318 - you should take a look through the forum before you post a topic and make sure it hasn't already been covered in another topic :D

:D To all the "nay sayers" !!!

People like you say this every year and thus far every year you've been wrong.

It's one thing if you, they, are right. It's another when you're as wrong as a turd in a toaster.

And since when do the actual facts and realities come out before they actually happen?

It's one thing if you, they, are right. It's another when you're as wrong as a turd in a toaster.

And since when do the actual facts and realities come out before they actually happen?

You should change your screen name to "RayO'Sunshine".

You should change your screen name to "RayO'Sunshine".

Here's a better idea;

The team should find someone that actually knows what they're doing and guess what?

We would be talking about playoffs instead of having people with a sunburned sphincter telling us all about how the the team is gonna walk on water every year as the complete opposite happens every year.

Don't blame me for the team's terrible rankings and lack of decent coaching, planning, and talent.

Here's a better idea;

The team should find someone that actually knows what they're doing and guess what?

We would be talking about playoffs instead of having people with a sunburned sphincter telling us all about how the the team is gonna walk on water every year as the complete opposite happens every year.

Don't blame me for the team's terrible rankings and lack of decent coaching, planning, and talent.

What's wrong with someone having some optimism? Not everyone can be as bitter and angry as you, some people like to stay positive. That's part of why they are a fan, that's where some get their enjoyment. In fact now that I think about it, why are you a fan if you dislike most things about the Bills? If all you can see are the negs. then why do you watch them on Sundays. It's one thing to be critical but you seem to see very little good things about the team you root for. It just seems weird to me.

Part of what a Bills fan goes through in disappointment is redeemed by their optimism.

Here's a better idea;

KrazyKat - this is the second post in 10 minutes where I have read your thoughts. You seem to be a negative turd ball. If you dislike the Bills and this board so much, go root for the Arizona Cardinals or something....

For almost 8 years now :thumbsup:

Oops, wrong board!

I sure hope this is true....but my first response is: :thumbsup:

I know they have to prove it on the field first, but he could be right.

Don't get me wrong here, but we could do some real damae on O this year.

Assuming Edwards progresses, Lynch continues being a beast, and Hardy using his size, we could be a strong offence. Evans is an elite talent at WR and if Hardy proves good and his size attracts attention, Evans will have a monster year. An improved D will allow the O more chances to score and our top notch ST will give good field position.

His prediction is a valid one if you ask me.

I'm normally optimistic this time of the year, but I think this going to be Jauron's last ride, that he will prove to all doubters that he definitely cannot coach a winner.

I'm normally optimistic this time of the year, but I think this going to be Jauron's last ride, that he will prove to all doubters that he definitely cannot coach a winner.

It's sad when an optimist view includes thinking the coach will be fired for the team to move on.

Not saying you're wrong.

I think Jauron may realize, that the team needs to score some points and adjust his style of ultra-conservative, field posiion, don't turn the ball

over, let the defense keep you in the game football, try not to lose, football.

If you scoer some points, you just may put some preasure on the other to step it up and take some chances.

:thumbsup: